Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wet sound Sub & Amps

Wakesetter67

Even the Wet Sounds "base grade" is better then most of the marine offerings out there. ALL of the wet sounds gear is designed from the ground up as marine equipment. No converted car audio gear. With that said, no, the Malibu offering is not the HTX amp and XS-65i speakers. Even then, the HTX and XS-65i build quality is better then most. 

The amps are the all new Syn-DX series. The Malibu DSP version specs are all the same as the Syn-DX models listed on the Wet Sounds. All class-D, sealed chassis, covered controls, stand-offs built into the base. The speakers as the all new, from the ground up, Revo series. Revo speaker and woofer features and specs can be found on the wet sounds web site. 

What ones ears and eyes like is always subjective, but you will be hard pressed to find better built equipment them wet sounds. Actual in-house R&D. 

Thanks, I have heard the old systems were horrible, I have played around with it a bit, So Far so good, Looks like the one amp is powering all the Cabins and the Sub as well, Unless the sub amp is hidden somewhere? 

Not sure about the "old system" as 2017 was the first year for all Wet Sounds amps, speakers and woofer and 2018 sees no changes in equipment. prior to 2017, amps, source unit, woofer and in-boat speakers were Rockford Fosgate and tower speakers where focal drivers in titan pods. I do believe 2016 was the only year that the 6x9 focals and wet sounds tower speakers where an option, but the wet sounds tower speaker would have been the only wet sounds offering. 

The in-boat amp is a 6 chnl amp, Syn-DX6DSP capable of deliver 600W rms to the 12" woofer and 100W rms to the in-boats. So yes, one amp for the in-boat setup and one amp for tower, the Syn-DX2DSP. 

39 minutes ago, MLA said:

Not sure about the "old system" as 2017 was the first year for all Wet Sounds amps, speakers and woofer and 2018 sees no changes in equipment. prior to 2017, amps, source unit, woofer and in-boat speakers were Rockford Fosgate and tower speakers where focal drivers in titan pods. I do believe 2016 was the only year that the 6x9 focals and wet sounds tower speakers where an option, but the wet sounds tower speaker would have been the only wet sounds offering. 

The in-boat amp is a 6 chnl amp, Syn-DX6DSP capable of deliver 600W rms to the 12" woofer and 100W rms to the in-boats. So yes, one amp for the in-boat setup and one amp for tower, the Syn-DX2DSP. 

Yes I was referring to the old Rockford set up, In 2015 I went all stereo delete, Decided to try the Factory system this time, at least the Cabins and sub, I heard you cant really mess with the setup on the amps, unless you have the right program. Is it really worth increasing the setting on the amp, I would assume it's programmed Conservative. Thanks for all the info!

As good as the rockford in-boats are, they sadly way under powered them, under powered the woofer as well as the poor enclosure. All this paired with a weak source unit and amp tuning that was all over the place from one boat to the next. The 2017/18 system has 2X the wattage for the in-boats as well as the woofer, not to mention a proper size enclosure (minus the small Bu's) that actually air tight.  

The gains might be tuned conservatively. Cant fault Malibu for wanting to reduce warranty failures. But at the same time, it can be spot on a precise with the DSP. Gain level better match the source level, cross over point can be set exactly. Transition from woofer to full-range speakers is seamless, with no gaps in the crossover points. Timing and phase are controlled. As long as the boat got the correct tune loaded, there should not be anything that needs tinkered with post build. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Wakesetter67 said:

Yes I was referring to the old Rockford set up, In 2015 I went all stereo delete, Decided to try the Factory system this time, at least the Cabins and sub, I heard you cant really mess with the setup on the amps, unless you have the right program. Is it really worth increasing the setting on the amp, I would assume it's programmed Conservative. Thanks for all the info!

I went with the factory cabins and amp in my '17 23LSV. I didn't retune the amp and I was pleasantly surprised at how good they were.  My '18 23LSV is coming with factory cabins and sub. I anxious to see how the factory sub fills in with the factory cabins. One thing on the '18's is you have a cabin speaker actually directed at the driver finally. I hope this will solve the situation where the driver got little direct sound and couldn't hear the system well at speed except from the towers.

• Like 4
28 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

One thing on the '18's is you have a cabin speaker actually directed at the driver finally. I hope this will solve the situation where the driver got little direct sound and couldn't hear the system well at speed except from the towers.

The royalty checks have been pretty underwhelming, honestly.

13 hours ago, Wakesetter67 said:

Does any one know what Wet Sound Sub, Amps, and Cabin Speakers come on a 2018 23LSV  Never had Wet Sound stuff before, Is this their Base Grade components ? Or are they Descent Quality??

Nothing wetsounds makes is cheap or low quality. I was thinking I wanted to upgrade some of the stuff on my axis but the Icon 8 speakers exceeded my expectations so I won't sell them for Rev 8 or 10 because of cost. You just have to listen to the setup and decide if it is loud enough for you or not. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, robbennett said:

Nothing wetsounds makes is cheap or low quality. I was thinking I wanted to upgrade some of the stuff on my axis but the Icon 8 speakers exceeded my expectations so I won't sell them for Rev 8 or 10 because of cost. You just have to listen to the setup and decide if it is loud enough for you or not. 

Thats good to know, I have always done Exile and hammered on that equipment without fail, I will still be doing the Exile Surf 9's for the towers Love the sound and I live close, Brian always takes care of me, This wont be like my last system, it was off the charts awesome, But hey I'm getting old, Time to grow up right....:blush:

8 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I went with the factory cabins and amp in my '17 23LSV. I didn't retune the amp and I was pleasantly surprised at how good they were.  My '18 23LSV is coming with factory cabins and sub. I anxious to see how the factory sub fills in with the factory cabins. One thing on the '18's is you have a cabin speaker actually directed at the driver finally. I hope this will solve the situation where the driver got little direct sound and couldn't hear the system well at speed except from the towers.

Meh.....put your sub in a good box(ported if possible) and power it with an SD6 and you will be pleased....VERY PLEASED

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ConnollyCrew said:

Meh.....put your sub in a good box(ported if possible) and power it with an SD6 and you will be pleased....VERY PLEASED

That's what I have been doing every year. Gonna give this new designed sub space on the '18's a chance this year. If it doesn't work out, I'll go back to building a box and running JL subs again on the '19. I've never been one to have to see the rippling of the water around the hull from my sub. I just want it to fill in the music notes that were recorded for it.

Have you guys ever watched a squirel in your yard? I have , and I named him  Wakesetter67...

I swear we have had this conversation 14 times already since you got the boat LAST WEEK and maybe 23 times before. 

RUN WHAT YOU GOT before you go worrying about what you are gonna change! Good lord! 

In the subject of the sub enclosure... I haven't had a chance to dissect one yet, but from the look of it is it part of the hull... or built into the glass like so many now are? 

If so ,any reward from a ported enclosure is negated by the fact you will have to contend with "cutting " or removing the factory box to achieve a seamless look. 

A second sub in another location may end up being the softer solution. 

1 hour ago, Bawshogg said:

Have you guys ever watched a squirel in your yard? I have , and I named him  Wakesetter67...

I swear we have had this conversation 14 times already since you got the boat LAST WEEK and maybe 23 times before. 

RUN WHAT YOU GOT before you go worrying about what you are gonna change! Good lord! 

In the subject of the sub enclosure... I haven't had a chance to dissect one yet, but from the look of it is it part of the hull... or built into the glass like so many now are? 

If so ,any reward from a ported enclosure is negated by the fact you will have to contend with "cutting " or removing the factory box to achieve a seamless look. 

A second sub in another location may end up being the softer solution. 

Its winter....I need a nut to hunt...By the way....When we having a play date, You know I come over and we hang some towers together..LOL

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

That's what I have been doing every year. Gonna give this new designed sub space on the '18's a chance this year. If it doesn't work out, I'll go back to building a box and running JL subs again on the '19. I've never been one to have to see the rippling of the water around the hull from my sub. I just want it to fill in the music notes that were recorded for it.

The sub is good, the box still is lacking. All this system is lacking is a good box and adequate power. The equipment is great but @Ronnieis accustomed to SD quality power...