Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2017 23 LSV vs 2018 Axis A24 vs 2018 23 LSV

guitarcrazy

There is no comparison between the look and feel of the windshield, and the hard plastic parts on the Axis vs. the Malibu.  The Malibu helm and windshield are very solid, but I was very surprised to see that the edges of the Axis windshield are hollow, and fairly lightweight.  In the picture of the A24 posted earlier you can see the plastic dash on the side of the helm, and the support for the windshield that bolts to the side.  This is a way lighter, less premium feel than the Malibu, and even my MB.  Performance is still most important, but fit and finish also covers the types of materials used, and there is no doubt the materials are less expensive on the Axis.  But the price is also, so it is in line with expectations.

Edited by guitarcrazy
1 hour ago, guitarcrazy said:

There is no comparison between the look and feel of the windshield, and the hard plastic parts on the Axis vs. the Malibu.  The Malibu helm and windshield are very solid, but I was very surprised to see that the edges of the Axis windshield are hollow, and fairly lightweight.  In the picture of the A24 posted earlier you can see the plastic dash on the side of the helm, and the support for the windshield that bolts to the side.  This is a way lighter, less premium feel than the Malibu, and even my MB.  Performance is still most important, but fit and finish also covers the types of materials used, and there is no doubt the materials are less expensive on the Axis.  But the price is also, so it is in line with expectations.

Have you by chance surfed an 18 B52?  I have the same hull as you (2013 B52) & with GSA my wave is amazing.  Ten times more impressive than listed.  However dealer here sort of sucks so I'll prob be going Axis at upgrade time.

Edited by racer808
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, racer808 said:

Have you by chance surfed an 18 B52?  I have the same hull as you (2013 B52) & with GSA my wave is amazing.  Ten times more impressive than listed.  However dealer here sort of sucks so I'll prob be going Axis at upgrade time.

I surfed one about a month ago.  Wave was really good, similar to 18 A24 in length, size and push.  The B52 was steeper with more lip.  Really nice wave!!!

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, vanamp said:

?Have you demoed a centurion? :whistle:

Were so over Centurion.....LOL;) Demoed one, wave was great, Love  The 2018 23 LSV So much better, It's not all about the wave to some Peeps! 

Edited by Wakesetter67
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Wakesetter67 said:

Were so over Centurion.....LOL;) Demoed one, wave was great, Love  The 2018 23 LSV So much better, It's not all about the wave to some Peeps! 

Keep lining Jack's and the shareholder's pockets! LOL. You'll probably be thankful you got a 2018 instead of a 2019+

Edited by skurfer
8 hours ago, skurfer said:

Keep lining Jack's and the shareholder's pockets! LOL. You'll probably be thankful you got a 2018 instead of a 2019+

What ever, I like what I like, Tired of hearing this is better or that, For what ever reason, Plus no one comes even close to our dealer, I win! that's all that matters... You realize you just offended everyone on here who just bought a new Malibu right! 

Edited by Wakesetter67

Really splitting hairs,  all three great boats  based on looks waves controls etc.  the 2018 lsv has more hard tanks in rear and it weighs almost 750 to 1000 lbs more dry weight .  so again price point for desired value look and use.

• Like 3
On 11/20/2017 at 11:50 PM, skurfer said:

I don’t get this statement.  You realize that regardless of public vs. private all companies have “shareholders” right?  Even Centurion. It’s not like Fineline is running a 501(c)(3) down there in Merced. 

And why the hate for the 2019 boats? They haven't even been released yet!  

• Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
6 hours ago, IXFE said:

I don’t get this statement.  You realize that regardless of public vs. private all companies have “shareholders” right?  Even Centurion. It’s not like Fineline is running a 501(c)(3) down there in Merced. 

And why the hate for the 2019 boats? They haven't even been released yet!  

Because a 2019 Malibu will be a Malibu and not a Centurion. 

Edited by ahopkinsTXi
  • Like 3
ahopkins22LSV
13 minutes ago, DarkSide said:

I see y'all are still having the same discussions without me.....

Happy Holidays, I wish everyone well!

Difference is that it was a joke until skurfer came in guns blazin. 

11 minutes ago, skurfer said:

Ding, ding. Indmar is on day 16,425. Malibu will be on day 1. 

So without even seeing or driving one, you’ve already determined this is going to be a bad thing. Awesome. 

I, for one, look forward to my 2019 Bu. 

Edited by IXFE
  • Like 1
ahopkins22LSV

Ah so two reasons to hate a 2019 malibu. 1) it's a Malibu, not a centurion, 2) because it's a Malibu engine and not a centurion sourced engine. 

Man this is getting old. Give it a rest. I agree with @IXFE I can't wait to see the raptor out of these boats and back to the GM power train. 

Are the 2019 engines going to be direct injection?  If yes my question would be how are they eliminating carbon build up on the valves?  Or is this not a problem on the GM motors?  I know it has been on some other engines because fuel does not pass through the valves.

When I visited Louden this summer they were testing the new engine. Malibu is running it daily on multiple boats under heavy loads with all combinations to accumulate as many hours possible to work any bugs out.

The base Raptor In my LSV has been very good up to this point (100hrs) let's hope the new GM power plant also produces the same performance for base engine.

I'm hopeful some of the larger boats will also see a 17" prop with 2:1 trans (hint hint - LSV)...2019 could be a great year to upgrade :)

• Like 2
3 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

Ah so two reasons to hate a 2019 malibu. 1) it's a Malibu, not a centurion, 2) because it's a Malibu engine and not a centurion sourced engine. 

Man this is getting old. Give it a rest. I agree with @IXFE I can't wait to see the raptor out of these boats and back to the GM power train. 

What is the issue with the Raptor?  I had the PCM 343 in my MB, and this looks to be a more stout motor.  I am generally a GM guy, having never owned a Ford for more than a week, but I thought the Raptor was a pretty well received motor?

25 minutes ago, guitarcrazy said:

What is the issue with the Raptor?  I had the PCM 343 in my MB, and this looks to be a more stout motor.  I am generally a GM guy, having never owned a Ford for more than a week, but I thought the Raptor was a pretty well received motor?

I heard it was more throwing certain codes, Mysterious codes etc. I had a buddy with a  22 VLX that it would throw a code and he could not go over 8 MPH when they were trying to Surf, something about the engine would read not warmed up to operating temp,  I dont think it was anything with the powertrian it self, Just working out the bugs, Not sure if I have the info correct thats just what I heard, Some friends with Supra had similar issues.

I am a GM guy.  have not heard of any carbon buildup behind the valves.  have had a 14 Silverado DI  5.3  35000miles and have a 15 Silverado DI 5.3 with 83000 miles.  no probs they run like a swiss watch with great fuel economy.  aquatically speaking I have the H6 6.2 450hp in my boat. runs great. only 40 hrs tho. have not heard of the carbon/valve issue at all.

• Like 1