Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 23 LSV revamp

Stephenpiercewake

I am looking to overhaul my parents 23 lev with a little over 2k hours on it. It is still running great but looks like a dinosaur! Has anyone on here ripped out the carpet and replaced it with SeaDeck?

I was just talking with Chad up at Malibu Charlotte about this yesterday.  I found a guy in Mooresville who can do a turn key job on the flooring.  I've priced the DIY template kits and for not much more money he will gelcoat the floor, scan the boat and install the finished product from Seadek.   I plan to do this next winter.

https://www.underfootmarineproducts.com/home.html

Edited by Ndawg12

3 minutes ago, Ndawg12 said:

I was just talking with Chad up at Malibu Charlotte about this yesterday.  I found a guy in Mooresville who can do a turn key job on the flooring.  I've priced the DIY template kits and for not much more money he will gelcoat the floor, scan the boat and install the finished product from Seadek.   I plan to do this next winter.

https://www.underfootmarineproducts.com/home.html

yeah I know Kelly, He did a few installs for us at MBOC. He does a great job. So would you have to gel the floor? Im pretty sure the floor is some sort of PVC.

5 minutes ago, Stephenpiercewake said:

yeah I know Kelly, He did a few installs for us at MBOC. He does a great job. So would you have to gel the floor? Im pretty sure the floor is some sort of PVC.

It should just be unfinished fiberglass.  He told me I could pull the carpet, remove the glue, and sand it down fairly smooth, atleast knock down the high spots.  Then he'd gel coat it.  The seadek is in sections (cheaper to replace smaller sections if need be) with a 1/4 to 1/2 gap between them so I want some color on the little bit of floor that's showing.