Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Chillax seats add on?

agarabaghi

10 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

I dont see anything about a flip up seat? Im jsut looking for similar hinges the 2017 T23 comes with for the 2 flip up lounge seats.

I looked into it a few years back. The parts were around $500, which I thought was insane so I stopped looking into it.

I didnt want the hinges on my '14 A24 but I remember back then they were barely over $300 on my build sheet if I ordered with. Thought that was crazy back then. 

Edited by TexasA24

the axis hinges are AWFUL.  I wouldn't buy the axis hinge for that price under any circumstances.  The malibu setup is really nice, but this is one instance where they cheaped out with Axis and it shows.  We hardly ever use ours because of how big of a PITA it is to get it up and down.

Wonder how much the malibu hinge piece costs....

Edited by shawndoggy
1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

the axis hinges are AWFUL.  I wouldn't buy the axis hinge for that price under any circumstances.  The malibu setup is really nice, but this is one instance where they cheaped out with Axis and it shows.  We hardly ever use ours because of how big of a PITA it is to get it up and down.

Wonder how much the malibu hinge piece costs....

They switched to the Malibu style hinge on ‘18 Axis. 

Edit: $972 msrp for 18 chillax seats

Edited by Pnwrider
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/6/2018 at 10:17 PM, mnwakerider said:

That’s not a bad price for those! Thanks for the link. 

We got our T22 with that seat and the wife loves it so here's a recommendation to do it.

• 7 months later...

Has anyone purchased the bracket for the chillax seat and installed in an Axis A22? I have a 2015 just wondering if it will work and how hard it is. Someone said you need to screw into the fiberglass?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...