Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Used Vehicle Loan Rates

NCVride

Time to upgrade my truck.....I drive about 40,000 miles a year so I am avoiding the hit I would take on getting something new.   Looking in the 4-6 year old range with roughly 50K miles.

Where are the best rates you guys are seeing out there?

8 minutes ago, twitchee2 said:

I got 1.74% on a 2013 focus, i think it was a 4 year.  Logix FCU

That's pretty amazing in todays market.  I don't have anything less than 2.5%.  Most hover right around +/- 3%

12 minutes ago, isellacuras said:

That's pretty amazing in todays market.  I don't have anything less than 2.5%.  Most hover right around +/- 3%

That’s what I thought too, quick search and their “used rates” start at 1.49 with no mention of stipulations. I’m sure it’s low ltv and a real short term, but still, great rates if you live in a state they cover...

10 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

That’s what I thought too, quick search and their “used rates” start at 1.49 with no mention of stipulations. I’m sure it’s low ltv and a real short term, but still, great rates if you live in a state they cover...

Maybe there's enough profit in the sale price that they pay the lender a little cash to buy the rate down?

10 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

I also looked.  Only stip is auto pay which is a 1% rate reduction to 1.49 which can be reversed if auto pay is stopped. They loan up to 125% so the low LTV is not a factor.  Stellar.  I want to get hooked up with them at my work. 

Just now, minnmarker said:

Maybe there's enough profit in the sale price that they pay the lender a little cash to buy the rate down?

Nope.  Posted rate on the CU website is 1.49 at 36.  usually a small bump from 36 to 48 to 60 but not usually much.  Sounds like a great CU to be a member of.  @twitchee2, were you already a member there or did you join in order to buy the car?

16 minutes ago, isellacuras said:

Nope.  Posted rate on the CU website is 1.49 at 36.  usually a small bump from 36 to 48 to 60 but not usually much.  Sounds like a great CU to be a member of.  @twitchee2, were you already a member there or did you join in order to buy the car?

Joined the day of the deal. it was a lease buy out.  That was bout 1.5yr ago too.

28 minutes ago, twitchee2 said:

Joined the day of the deal. it was a lease buy out.  That was bout 1.5yr ago too.

1.5 years ago, that was the norm.  Todays rates are about .75% higher than last year across the board.  Keep that CU!! 

Check out Alliant Credit Union, and Wings Financial Credit Union.  

Alliant is great for used and new auto loans.  I'm at 1.99% with them on my truck.  Very easy to work with and everything can be done smoothly through their website and/or mobile app.  

Wings has historically been great for auto and boat loans for me.  I believe they are at 2.99% but Alliant was easier to work with last time so got my business.  

Edited by Pra4sno
  • 4 weeks later...