Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Shipping Cover?

QmanBu

I am currently in the process of getting a boat shipped from Texas to Chicago and I don't want to use the CS cover that it has for the 1200 mile journey. 

I came across this Transhield travel/shrinkable cover and wanted to get peoples opinions on it? It says for a VLX, but on the actual Tag, its for a VTX. Has anyone used these? Would it hold up for a 1200 mile trip? I don't want the shipper to have to deal with it flapping in the wind, but don't want the boat open if it doesn't have to be.

https://greatlakesskipper.com/malibu-vlx-21-w-g3-tower-zipper-door-transhield-f6180-2-boat-shrinkable-shipping-cover-7811018 

Any other suggestions on how to best ship a boat that will go from warm weather to cold weather (possible rain/snow) during the trip? Trying to work with the shipper on weather availability, but thought if this is decent, I would give it a shot.

• 2 months later...