Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2013 A22 Mirror

Just picked up a new to me 2013 A22 from Colorado, on the drive back to Iowa I didnt think to remove the tower mirror....It fell off outside nebraska

I cannot get pictures to load here but if anyones familiar with this model The part that attaches to the tower that says AXIS is still there just need the other arm and mirror. Anyone have suggestions other then getting the clip on style for the windshield? 

1 hour ago, nate344 said:

Just picked up a new to me 2013 A22 from Colorado, on the drive back to Iowa I didnt think to remove the tower mirror....It fell off outside nebraska

I cannot get pictures to load here but if anyones familiar with this model The part that attaches to the tower that says AXIS is still there just need the other arm and mirror. Anyone have suggestions other then getting the clip on style for the windshield? 

Keep an eye on the axis forum for a tower mirror for sale. I see them pop up there pretty often.

www.axiswakeboardboats.com

I've seen the facebook pic.  Are you saying that the part that you still have is not broken and that the three screws that attach the two parts of the tower simply fell out during the drive?\

Regardless, I've never seen the tower arm for sale in pieces.  I've only seen it for sale (new not used) either via a dealer or bakes.  BAKES - $385.  It would be cheaper to buy a nice mirror with a windshield mount.  Something like this PTM Combo or this PTM Combo gives you wide visibility and a mount for less than the arm.  That said, I use the tower arm so I don't know what specific windshield mount works best on the Axis windshield.

If you are set on the tower arm and don't want to spend $660 for the arm and a wide mirror (bakes price) then I would buy the CIPA Head and this Mastercraft Adapter.  Skip the Monster tower adapter and the PTM (RTS-100) adapter.  The Monster and the PTM hang the mirror below the arm.  The mastercraft keeps the mirror centered on the arm and allows the extra wide mirror to fit perfectly.  

Don't bother with the standard CIPA mirror (flat rectangle) that comes on the boat if you are in a mirror state and you skip the spotter regularly.  Get a wide angle mirror.

19 minutes ago, onwi said:

I've seen the facebook pic.  Are you saying that the part that you still have is not broken and that the three screws that attach the two parts of the tower simply fell out during the drive?\

Regardless, I've never seen the tower arm for sale in pieces.  I've only seen it for sale (new not used) either via a dealer or bakes.  BAKES - $385.  It would be cheaper to buy a nice mirror with a windshield mount.  Something like this PTM Combo or this PTM Combo gives you wide visibility and a mount for less than the arm.  That said, I use the tower arm so I don't know what specific windshield mount works best on the Axis windshield.

If you are set on the tower arm and don't want to spend $660 for the arm and a wide mirror (bakes price) then I would buy the CIPA Head and this Mastercraft Adapter.  Skip the Monster tower adapter and the PTM (RTS-100) adapter.  The Monster and the PTM hang the mirror below the arm.  The mastercraft keeps the mirror centered on the arm and allows the extra wide mirror to fit perfectly.  

Don't bother with the standard CIPA mirror (flat rectangle) that comes on the boat if you are in a mirror state and you skip the spotter regularly.  Get a wide angle mirror.

awesome thanks! I have a lead on the factory set up waiting for a price... and yes the part on the facebook pic is not broken the screws must have vibrated loose 

I switched to a tower mount mirror from a windshield...and have been much less than impressed.  I find that I cannot track my rider  very far outside the wake - they get blocked by my tower speakers and racks.  I do LOVE the PTM mirror, just wish I hadn't spent the money getting the tower mount.