Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

new 2018 t22 ballast ?

NJ2018T22

Hi everyone, new to Axis, just received my new 2018 T22 and have a few questions.. I'm fitting the lockers with port/star side 750lb sacks and I see 3 plug n play connects.  I'm assuming the rear one is the inbound line from the factory tank, the middle is overflow and the front connection I'm unsure about, as it looks like it's heading to the front of the boat?  I'm not sure if they drain from the same fill pump or are they separate and maybe the rear connection is a drain connect?  Any help would be great, I coming from an 2004 centurion cyclone, that made a great wave, using toss over pumps, so this is all new to me.. Any info/help would be great... thanks 

2 hours ago, NJ2018T22 said:

Sorry to even ask, but how the I upload pics, do I really need a 3rd party link like photobucket ?

thx

Photobucket won't work, but other 3rd party sites will. If you want to support the site, sign up as a member and you can just directly upload pics.. its awesome!

• Like 1
On 11/12/2017 at 8:30 PM, NJ2018T22 said:

Hi everyone, new to Axis, just received my new 2018 T22 and have a few questions.. I'm fitting the lockers with port/star side 750lb sacks and I see 3 plug n play connects.  I'm assuming the rear one is the inbound line from the factory tank, the middle is overflow and the front connection I'm unsure about, as it looks like it's heading to the front of the boat?  I'm not sure if they drain from the same fill pump or are they separate and maybe the rear connection is a drain connect?  Any help would be great, I coming from an 2004 centurion cyclone, that made a great wave, using toss over pumps, so this is all new to me.. Any info/help would be great... thanks 

I'm pretty sure the difference between my 17' a20 and the 18's is the vent line. I plumbed in pnp's also. The one at the rear is the empty and the front one is the fill.  It comes from the overflow of the hard tank. 

11 hours ago, Raimie said:

Photobucket won't work, but other 3rd party sites will. If you want to support the site, sign up as a member and you can just directly upload pics.. its awesome!

How do we sign up as a "member"? I would love to support a great site like this one. 

9 minutes ago, onewake09 said:

How do we sign up as a "member"? I would love to support a great site like this one. 

At the top of the page, go to the store and then to subscriptions.

Figures, I just locked myself out of paypal...ha, I'll become supporter tomorrow and get some pics up for ya.  I was really nervous waiting for my T22, you can only get so much of an idea while online building, so my wife and I were/are extremely happy with all the colors/options and such when she finally arrived.  It actually came out better than we had hoped... pics to come

• Like 2

Sick boat man. Whats the plan for tower speakers? I put a pair of Icons on mine but now Im thinking I should have done the Rev 10's. I have them for sale on the Axis forum. Im also replacing the factory Headunit with the new Wetsounds one that is being released soon. I hate the way the volume is. I like a dial much better. And it has four zone controls. So much to do in the off season! 

@NJ2018T22 Thanks for the pics! Your boat is the first I've seen with SP1. Can you please take some pictures of how the drivers foot area looks (where the sub would go) and the bow speaker panels?

Your color scheme is awesome, looks very cool.

Why did you go with the lower racks? I'm guessing that you cannot pivot them in on the drivers side with boards otherwise they would hit the driver in the head? Just wondering what the reasoning was...I was planning on going upper swivels.

thx guys, my wetsound 8 speakers are being installed now, they were an IOU, as for the tower fingers, I'm moving them up, the dealer put them low because its easier to pull boards from, but I cant fold tower down with them there... Moving them soon.. I'm getting the bimini support polls wrapped in carbon fiber this winter... I just think the chrome looks off against the charcoal.. I post pics when done

14 minutes ago, onewake09 said:

It looks like it should. Im still waiting on the specs. https://www.crutchfield.com/S-4agAvGU4gcu/p_867WSMC1/Wet-Sounds-WS-MC1.html?source=pjn&subid=43737

The only question I really have is will it work with surfband. Time will tell. 

Sonic Electronics has 15% off wetsounds right now.  Code- "WetSave"

Edited by hunter77ah
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2017 at 6:30 PM, NJ2018T22 said:

I'm sure you figured this out by now but the top 3/4 fitting is vent/overflow, the stock hard tank runs lines from the front and rear which allows the bags to fill and drain a lot faster, both ends work the exact same way.

On 11/15/2017 at 6:48 AM, Raimie said:

@NJ2018T22 Thanks for the pics! Your boat is the first I've seen with SP1. Can you please take some pictures of how the drivers foot area looks (where the sub would go) and the bow speaker panels?

Your color scheme is awesome, looks very cool.

Why did you go with the lower racks? I'm guessing that you cannot pivot them in on the drivers side with boards otherwise they would hit the driver in the head? Just wondering what the reasoning was...I was planning on going upper swivels.

@RaimieI've heard a couple different things with SP1, I know for sure you will have to cut a hole for the sub. I believe the bow speakers have the holes cut with a plastic cover over them so you can easily add bow speakers, the wires are already ran up there and hooked up to the stereo allready. I was told they stopped pre-wiring the tower for 18 boats which will be a HUGE bummer! Maybe @NJ2018T22can chime in and confirm.

My 17 came prewired. I heard it was changed for 18' boats. and yes the new MC 1 from wetsounds will fit in stock location. You cant use the silver trim ring and you will have to make a filler plate but it will work. I picked up one from creative on black friday. Its a sweat unit, much better than the stock one. I'll post pics when I get it installed.