Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What to order on 2018 Axis?

CBray4

So we have changed directions. We are thinking about ordering a 2018 A22 or A24. 

To all the guys that have ordered 2018’s, what would you suggest as must haves and what should we pass on. Boat stuff and trailer stuff...

We have a big family, and it’s only getting bigger. We only surf. We only trailer twice a year. We don’t need the loudest stereo. Any other info you need just ask  

Any suggestions? 

Thanks a ton!

Maybe some pics will get some response on this thread! This is the color scheme we are thinking about going with. Any thought about it?

I need help on figuring out what to order with the boat! This is our first new boat so we have no idea what we are doing.

Also do they have an interior blue color that matched the exterior blue color better?

Possible A24 colorsPossible A24 colorsPossible A24 colorsPossible A24 colors

Sorry for the crappy phone screenshots. I don't know how to get better pictures of it using the online boat maker. 

On the boat builder the stratosphere blue looks more green than it is. It is really a lot closer to vapor blue. If you get vapor blue interior, it will match the flake pretty closely. See here: http://www.waterskiamerica.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=4154722&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=new&year=2018&fr=xNewInventory

There is some really good discussion here... Read through it and I think a lot of your questions will be answered!

Focus on the things you can't add later. Power wedge and surfgate are no brainers. If you will have a large group on the boat you won't go wrong upgrading to the 450 engine although the 409 might be ok with the lift feature on the power wedge. 

32 minutes ago, Raimie said:

On the boat builder the stratosphere blue looks more green than it is. It is really a lot closer to vapor blue. If you get vapor blue interior, it will match the flake pretty closely. See here: http://www.waterskiamerica.com/default.asp?page=xNewInventoryDetail&id=4154722&p=1&s=Year&d=D&t=new&year=2018&fr=xNewInventory

There is some really good discussion here... Read through it and I think a lot of your questions will be answered!

I might shoot you a PM for more questions since you are going through the process too. If that is okay?

• 4 weeks later...

Order placed in August (A24) and boat arrived in October. I copied this from our order sheet:

Accessories/Options
Gel Base (Hot Orange) upcharge $1,431.00
Trailer Accent (Hot Orange) upcharge $347.00
Monsoon 450 60L HO CAT 450HP $3,800.00
Flush Kit - Transom Install $290.00
Heater, 3-Outlet $585.00
Docking Lights $400.00
Underwater Lighting $399.00
Underseat Lighting - White $215.00
Rack - Spinner Board Racks $624.00
Plug N Play Ballast Plumbing - HI FLO w/Auto Vent $729.00
Surf Gate w/Axis Surfband $3,507.00
Wedge - Power Wedge II $3,124.00
Chillax Cockpit Flip Up Seats $972.00
Cup Holders - Stainless $294.00
Depth Finder $378.00
Drop in Cooler - Igloo $101.00
Seat Bolster - Flip Up (Drivers) $192.00
Soft-Grip Flooring $1,153.00
Ski Pylon $208.00
Dual Battery Switch (Cable and Boxes Included) $160.00
Dual Batteries - 500 CCA & 800 CCA $367.00
Pull Up Cleats - Three Pair $500.00
CS Bimini Top and Boot - w/Rope Storage and Surf Board Storage $832.00
CS Boat Cover w/Taps 2 and Swimboard Cover $854.00
Bow Step Soft Grip $215.00
Runway Lights White $361.00
14 in Steel w/Side Carrier $194.00
Tricked Out Gel n/c
Stereo Option - Pack 2 (Autovolume) $3,649.00
Includes: Transom Remote, Speakers - Wet Sounds Icon 8 - 2 Pair Black
Boat

Edited by stupid
Details
3 minutes ago, Anderson24 said:

:yes:

$1100 option :rant:

That is quite steep! I went to an event at my dealer this weekend, they had a 18 A24 with that option and I really liked it. I think we would use it a lot. Might look at getting it for our boat. Not completely sure yet! 

12 minutes ago, RudyMuller said:

I really dig the new sideways axis logo. 

I really like everything about the new axis. I finally got to sit in one this weekend and an event my dealer did. I really liked it. The A24 is HUGE, especially coming from my 2001 21VLX. No comparison

9 hours ago, CBray4 said:

That is quite steep! I went to an event at my dealer this weekend, they had a 18 A24 with that option and I really liked it. I think we would use it a lot. Might look at getting it for our boat. Not completely sure yet! 

I skipped this option on my build. They would not get used enough to justify the cost. 

On 12/9/2017 at 7:46 AM, stupid said:

Order placed in August (A24) and boat arrived in October. I copied this from our order sheet:

Accessories/Options
Gel Base (Hot Orange) upcharge $1,431.00
Trailer Accent (Hot Orange) upcharge $347.00
Monsoon 450 60L HO CAT 450HP $3,800.00
Flush Kit - Transom Install $290.00
Heater, 3-Outlet $585.00
Docking Lights $400.00
Underwater Lighting $399.00
Underseat Lighting - White $215.00
Plug N Play Ballast Plumbing - HI FLO w/Auto Vent $729.00
Surf Gate w/Axis Surfband $3,507.00
Wedge - Power Wedge II $3,124.00
Chillax Cockpit Flip Up Seats $972.00
Cup Holders - Stainless $294.00
Depth Finder $378.00
Drop in Cooler - Igloo $101.00
Seat Bolster - Flip Up (Drivers) $192.00
Soft-Grip Flooring $1,153.00
Ski Pylon $208.00
Dual Battery Switch (Cable and Boxes Included) $160.00
Dual Batteries - 500 CCA & 800 CCA $367.00
Pull Up Cleats - Three Pair $500.00
CS Bimini Top and Boot - w/Rope Storage and Surf Board Storage $832.00
CS Boat Cover w/Taps 2 and Swimboard Cover $854.00
Bow Step Soft Grip $215.00
Runway Lights White $361.00
14 in Steel w/Side Carrier $194.00
Tricked Out Gel n/c
Stereo Option - Pack 2 (Autovolume) $3,649.00
Includes: Transom Remote, Speakers - Wet Sounds Icon 8 - 2 Pair Black
Boat

What about woofer at drivers feet?

17 hours ago, CBray4 said:

I really like everything about the new axis. I finally got to sit in one this weekend and an event my dealer did. I really liked it. The A24 is HUGE, especially coming from my 2001 21VLX. No comparison

You put in your order yet? Good rebates end soon

3 minutes ago, robbennett said:

You put in your order yet? Good rebates end soon

Haven't yet. Went to a event at the dealer last weekend so hoping to get things ironed out soon with the family and make our decision. 

Just now, robbennett said:

Good deal man. Make sure to focus the most on the stuff you can't change or upgrade later! 

Will do! That is going to be the hardest part. Figuring out what options to order and what to do without to stay within our budget. 

• 1 month later...

Hope you got yours, I just put my order in for a new T22 this past week!

Only note I might add is skip the ski pilon, it doesn't extend up or drop below the top of the sunpad making it a knee killer.  There's still a transom hook in the middle of the rear end to pull tubes/skiers on that will work fine.  I mostly ski, pull kids, and wakeboard and I still didn't get it for the aforementioned reasons.

I recommend the A24 for its 2-1 gear ratio and 17" prop. I believe this to be huge and the direction other manufacturers will go. This combined with the Power Wedge and Surf Gate will help your boat not just make a sweet wake but with any resale down the line. Ive seen and heard folks saving on the motor, stereo, no metal flake, flooring, no surf pipe and trailer options. i did my own speakers and amps. I metal flaked not just for looks but it hides small dings and rubs better than the flat colors.This option also as said can't be added later unless you wrap. My buddy is wrapping his new A24 in Blue Chrome (Don't ask, Jury still out, Cause he can best answer). If your are trailering a lot like myself the upgrade rhino shield or whatever they call it is awesome in looks, material and purpose. It will show less road dings. I went big boat, big motor because of my altitude purely and I am a believer in big boat, big motor, big wake. Nice colors btw I think it will be the most popular this year. :biggrin:

Edited by alpensurf23
  • 2 weeks later...