Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Login issue - won't stay logged in?

oldjeep

Yesterday or the day before I have had to log in just about every time I go to the site, even though I have "remember me" set.  Not sure if this is only happening when I switch between computer and phone or if it is just random.  Really irritating and it is definitely something that has changed in the last couple days.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

A little more info. Operating system of the phone and PC. 

You might start with clearing your cache and restarting both devices. I haven't seen any other issues ;ike this yet.

Machine 1 Windows 10, IE 11 or edge

Machine 2 Windows 10, IE 11 or edge

WP10 phone running edge

All have been restarted multiple times in the last couple days

1 hour ago, oldjeep said:

Machine 1 Windows 10, IE 11 or edge

Machine 2 Windows 10, IE 11 or edge

WP10 phone running edge

All have been restarted multiple times in the last couple days

If you are browsing in private mode or are not allowing the site to set cookies, you can click "remember me" till your finger turns red, but the browser will block and protect it.  Make sure you allow cookies and offline content for this site.  An update to the browser could have a new security policy enabled.

8 minutes ago, JeffK said:

If you are browsing in private mode or are not allowing the site to set cookies, you can click "remember me" till your finger turns red, but the browser will block and protect it.  Make sure you allow cookies and offline content for this site.  An update to the browser could have a new security policy enabled.

Not in private mode, cookies are wide open.  Nothing has changed on the 2 machines or phone in the last 2 days.

And it definitely seems to be an automatic logoff that is happening when I switch from one machine to another.  No issue at all closing browser and bringing up site repeatedly on one device while staying logged on but if I go to another then I'm logged off everywhere. 

Edited by oldjeep

Ahhh...  Gotcha.  Misunderstood the issue. Seems odd that it would be running something in the background to do that.  I'll peek around and see if I find anything.  I used to do some PHP development

• 2 weeks later...

to follow up on this, I found a solution - although I'm wondering what this forum does that causes it.

The latest Windows and WP10 release turned back on enhanced security mode in ie and edge.  This didn't impact any other forum I frequent.  There is something that Malibu crew does that enhanced security views as a risk and invalidates the cookies.  Turning it off fixes the issue.  I run enough other anti virus/