Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

GreatlakesSkipper seat riser, Anyone buy this?

hawaiianstyln

Has anyone bought this seat riser from greatlakesskipper?  They couldn't validate if it would fit on my 08 VLX or not.  I guess I have to take the seat off to measure.  Wasn't sure if anyone knew if this would fit mine or has purchased one.  If so how did it work for you.  Wasn't sure whether to get this or the $99 one from ebay that others have bought on here. (the ebay riser did have a few negative comments)

https://greatlakesskipper.com/malibu-5674005-garelick-75371-70-anodized-aluminum-boat-seat-slide-riser

seatRiser.jpg

Based on the picture, I think this one is just a replacement of what you have now, are you looking to move your seat up or is the current base broken? The one off ebay just replaces the lower portion of what you have and moves everything else up about 4".

• Like 1

I ended up going with the ebay one.  I bought it late last night from TMSBILLETPARTS.  Excited for it as I hear many others were loving that upgrade.

1 hour ago, hawaiianstyln said:

I ended up going with the ebay one.  I bought it late last night from TMSBILLETPARTS.  Excited for it as I hear many others were loving that upgrade.

Same place I bought mine. It's a good upgrade. You won't be disappointed in it.

• Like 2

at first, I was thinking the 4" would just raise the seat up too high and make it look odd.  I guess that is not the case because like you all have said and the other threads about this, everyone talks like it is the best upgrade

Just finished the install, wow what a sweet upgrade!  I actually feel like im sitting in a normal chair instead of sitting in a chair that feels like its mounted to the floor. 

Edited by hawaiianstyln
  • Like 3
20 hours ago, hawaiianstyln said:

Just finished the install, wow what a sweet upgrade!  I actually feel like im sitting in a normal chair instead of sitting in a chair that feels like its mounted to the floor. 

Can we see a pic of finished install?

this guy that made them kicked a**.  Although I would have gone with a 3" rise, but this height seems pretty nice when I sit in the seat without having to use my bolster seat.  now my bolster seat will be used for Surfing if my friends want to surf.

IMG_9713.JPG

IMG_9714.JPG

IMG_9715.JPG

IMG_9716.JPG

• Like 3
  • 8 months later...
2 hours ago, 67King said:

Bumping up this.  Ebay one is now $250, unless I am missing something.  Anyone seen a $100 one lately?

I think it depends on which model you need. He has 2 different 4" risers for Malibu boats based on year models (read description to see which one). I just installed the $250 one with a compartment door on my 2010. I like it, for surfing I still use my bolster seat though to see over the windshield.

1 hour ago, TallRedRider said:

This is my single greatest contribution to the interwebs' boating experience.

Thank you!  I've owned two of the box style risers and in the world of overpriced boat accessories, this one is worth every single penny.

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

TallRed Rider or others do y’all think this Will this fit a 2006 23 LSV?  The eBay link is still good and at $139 I’m liking what I am seeing. 

23 hours ago, Lptexastornado1 said:

TallRed Rider or others do y’all think this Will this fit a 2006 23 LSV?  The eBay link is still good and at $139 I’m liking what I am seeing. 

Yes.  The picture he uses is actually what was in my 2006 247.  He has made them for various years as well.  Some of them have completely different fits.  

18 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

Yes.  The picture he uses is actually what was in my 2006 247.  He has made them for various years as well.  Some of them have completely different fits.  

:plus1:

I used that exact riser in my 2006 21LSV.  Very pleased with the result.  IIRC, took me maybe 45 minutes to install.

I got one on order, can’t wait to install it. I bought the boat 5 days ago and continue to buy new fun stuff like this :clap: wonder when my better half puts the brakes on all the little “fixes I have to do to the boat” :whistle:

• 1 month later...

Just bought mine from ebay and about to install.  Quick question - what tools will I need for the install?  My boat is an hour away from me so I want to make sure I have the right tools with me.  Thanks!