Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf boards

Bman1

On 12/26/2017 at 2:08 PM, guitarcrazy said:

Just looking for another intermediate board to replace the Tako.  The Tako didn't impress me very much.  J

Though they have an expensive carbon fiber model, the LF Happy pill (with the two small rear fins in the front holes as a twin not quad) is a bit fragile(I do ugly repairs often), but that Board ridden hard as surf style is just what it’s name implies, you will smile -guaranteed!!

we ride a 2015 4’8”, you can get a new one ftom Amazon or eBay for 265 including shipping new, there are 4’5”s online that my wife was interested for 290-320 (wife kills on 4’8” and it is too big for her , I’m a fat 190, it will comfortably surf a 210-235 good surfer

board has huge surf rails that you need to apply to wave by moving toes or heals of front foot way over to the rail on the wave and counter the rear foot some to outer rail, once you get  rails to work it’s a different Board 

slso it catches the wave for you rarely having to pump to recover by simply doing a rear foot shuffle way forward and lean towards boat or  lift your rear heal And lean to boat,  roll right up to platform with little or no effort

grest backside riding board you can really break loose , same on toes with the fins as above, we finally took out the nub fins in back out after already moving shorter rears to front fin quad slots, snd it got even better and loose 

love that Board , it’s so damaged even internally split up middle of Board and broken across nose slightly from me falling in it in the boat!!!, many small crack ding epoxy ugly repairs as well as re-glued fin beds and it still ROCKS!

the only people who don’t improve their surfing on the board is a beginner who can’t flip the floaty Board to get up, if the finally do , the Board catches the wave for them 

when 1st gen Hyperlite broadcasts were new for 325 or less in 14’ and the happy pill was 550+ new in 15, those prices above make it a great value to try, if they are still online, which I suspect they are

when I introduced this Board to a G23 and it’s crowd they rode a thick black inland surfer, surf style with dull orange and beige highlights and graphics?? is that a tako ? Board was a good 4’8 or longer pointed nose quad???-might have been a twin , they all quit riding it and went with the happy pill , one by one, begrudgingly, they all got better as well

Edited by granddaddy55
On 11/16/2017 at 9:19 PM, Dfowkes said:

We love our slingshot cobra cat xr and was thinking about getting the butter bar xr. What other skim recommendations do you have? I’m 6ft 205 lbs. 

My wife has a HL broadcast. It’s more of a boat board skim style. I think we are going to get the ss  Hoverfoil in March as a toy.