Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sanger V210 sub install

isellacuras

Asking for a friend. Any of you stereo gurus ever installed a sub in a 2006 era Sanger V210?  I am trying to help my friend spend some of his hard earned money but we're having a hard time figuring out where to install a sub. I haven't looked hard at all options yet but the foot panel is glassed into the floor so the under helm area where we have the luxury of mounting ours is out. He doesn't want to mount a box in the observers compartment because he uses every inch of that storage for skis, boards and other stuff pretty regularly. I have a fosgate 10" in a small box to donate if we can make it work somewhere. If not then he is looking at a pioneer compact powered 8" unit designed for underseat applications or something similar. I mentioned an 8" bazooka type tucked under the observers compartment in which he was not opposed if it is compact enough.  He is not interested in high end SQ but just wants a little more low end. Any ideas or suggestions if you are familiar with the newer version of the V210?

1 hour ago, isellacuras said:

but the foot panel is glassed into the floor so the under helm area where we have the luxury of mounting ours is out.

I dont see the fact that the under helm wall is integral to the floor, preventing a woofer from being front loaded into the wall. Is there not enough surface are to fit a woofer? angled? Lots of boats with a single piece deck cap with similar design, if im picturing the description correctly, have a woofer mounted there. Got pics? 

9 hours ago, MLA said:

I dont see the fact that the under helm wall is integral to the floor, preventing a woofer from being front loaded into the wall. Is there not enough surface are to fit a woofer? angled? Lots of boats with a single piece deck cap with similar design, if im picturing the description correctly, have a woofer mounted there. Got pics? 

Ha! You are correct and I think my early description was way wrong.  I just read our messages and there was no mention of a glassed in kick panel. That must have been  from my recollection of something I never paid attention to. I haven’t looked closely at possible locations to mount. I have been on his boat dozens of times but never looked under the helm. I think I misunderstood his initial description. I will have him send me some pics and a description of why he thinks it won’t work there. I know he mentioned he doesn’t want to loose any foot room. My exact words to him were “there’s always room, just need to be creative”. 

Thanks everyone. This is my V210. Crawled around in the boat this morning to take a closer look. Looks like I should be able to squeeze in a small sub if I remove the seat base/foot rest pedestal to get the sub in there. It is all one piece and appears to simply unscrew from the floor. I have about 12" to work with from the base of the foot rest to the bulk head when I reinstall the pedestal. isellacuras old sub may work which would be nice. If not, I can make something work. Not really a stereo guy. Man I didn't realize how expensive all this stereo stuff is if you want something nice. Started with just replacing my in-boats and now it's possibly spiraled into another amp, new tower speakers, etc.

11 hours ago, jalama said:

Thanks everyone. This is my V210. Crawled around in the boat this morning to take a closer look. Looks like I should be able to squeeze in a small sub if I remove the seat base/foot rest pedestal to get the sub in there. It is all one piece and appears to simply unscrew from the floor. I have about 12" to work with from the base of the foot rest to the bulk head when I reinstall the pedestal. isellacuras old sub may work which would be nice. If not, I can make something work. Not really a stereo guy. Man I didn't realize how expensive all this stereo stuff is if you want something nice. Started with just replacing my in-boats and now it's possibly spiraled into another amp, new tower speakers, etc.

I’m willing to help with the install just to fix that ignition switch (bit if an inside joke here). I think your towers are fine for now. We can hear them at rope length. Spend the money on an amp for your in boats and get a sub in there somewhere.  I was thinking of nudging you to loose your head unit and go with an exile DMC but I’m now thinking you should leave your head unit and add the compatible Bluetooth until it’s time to upgrade the towers at a later date. I gotta say, i do love my ZLD tho. It’s hard for me not to suggest getting a zone controller right off the bat. Big question now is do you get a 5 channel amp to run your 4 inboats and sub or a 1 channel sub amp and run your your inboats off the deck. I am always going to pick adding more power when given the option.