Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Introduces the New 2018 21 MLX at Malibu National Dealer Meeting

ActiveWaterSports

Malibu Boats knows how to put on a show! And they know what their customers want. That is why it was no surprise to see the all new, 2018 21 MLX revealed the way that it was on beautiful Lake Las Vegas.

Sorry about the quality. It is a screen record of a Facebook Live we shot on an iPhone. But hey, this is the very first look that an exclusive group of dealers were aloud to see. Full walkthrough coming up next.

Edited by ActiveWaterSports
  • Like 2
7 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

I am confused on the name.    

Wouldn't this be called the 21 MKZ?  Or the M215?    

Makes more sense to have it's own moniker that sets it apart from the other pickle fork boats IMO (if this is the "budget" boat as discussed previously).

Unlike 21VLX vs. 22VLX, which are wildly different boats and price points and the names imply just 1 foot of length difference...

LAS VEGAS, NV – On Sunday, Nov. 5, Malibu Boats revealed its newest model, the 2018 21 MLX, at the company's annual dealer meeting. Although the reveal was exclusive to dealers, Malibu allowed Active Water Sports the opportunity to do a walkthrough and see new features firsthand.

The 21 MLX is the first boat of its size in the Malibu lineup with a pickle fork bow, creating extra space for more passengers. Considering its length, the 21 MLX is comparable to other Malibu boats of a bigger size. It comes complete with a 13-inch and six-inch touch screen control displays and a button panel for quick access to main functions, like adjusting the Surf Gate and Power Wedge II. The Power Wedge II allows the driver to adjust the length and steepness of the wake and transfer the wake to either side of the boat. The Power Wedge II, and as a new feature the stereo volume, can also be accessed by the rider with the Surf Band, which is an additional feature of the 21 MLX. The boat includes heated storage in the stern and deep storage under all side seats. The boat batteries are stored in the bow with wind block storage, creating more room for ballast and gear in the stern. The boat has room for up to 2,450 pounds of internal ballast, too.

The 21 MLX is available at an affordable price of $82,995. See the new Malibu boat at the Portland Boat Show on Jan. 10 through Jan. 14.

The global leader in watersports towboat sales, Malibu is headquartered along the Tennessee River in Loudon County. Every Malibu boat features the company’s renowned American engineering and meticulous handcraftsmanship, along with the world’s foremost wake and wave-making technology.

Active Water Sports, founded in 1982, is the largest wakeboard and waterski shop in the Pacific Northwest with two shops in Oregon City and Beaverton. In addition to its wide selection of wake accessories from Ronix, Slingshot, Liquid Force, Hyperlite, Radar and HO Skis, it sells high-end boats from Malibu, Axis, Nautique, Moomba and Supra.

###

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jk13 said:

Makes more sense to have it's own moniker that sets it apart from the other pickle fork boats IMO (if this is the "budget" boat as discussed previously).

Unlike 21VLX vs. 22VLX, which are wildly different boats and price points and the names imply just 1 foot of length difference...

Good point.  If this is a more wallet friendly design, then M215 or 21 MXZ would not be appropriate.  We will have to hold our breath until we hear more!  

8 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

Good point.  If this is a more wallet friendly design, then M215 or 21 MXZ would not be appropriate.  We will have to hold our breath until we hear more!  

Malibu says it is similar to the VLX, but the M represents its pickle fork bow, similar to the MXZ. We just posted another post on the MLX with features, photos and videos if you'd like to see more!

35 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

The price is set at $83k, similar to the 21VLX promo for $80k.

8 hours ago, Steve B. said:

Wow those look short to me. Might be the video.

Steve B.

Pickle fork boats have helm further back than traditional bow boats, probably why it looks that way.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gobble said:

I don't know about you guys, but I think it's kind of ugly. Maybe the bow has utility, but I can't get past the ugly. It's definitely not the boat for me.

First thing that came to my mind from the grainy video was that looks like a moomba max, but maybe the blunted pickle fork is an industry trend?

MAX-3.jpg

1 hour ago, vanamp said:

First thing that came to my mind from the grainy video was that looks like a moomba max, but maybe the blunted pickle fork is an industry trend?

MAX-3.jpg

Agreed! I am not a fan of the "SPORK" front end either. I do like a true pickle fork tho. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, jcon44 said:

now just make a 23ftr!!

agreed, definitely interested in how much this line expands.  

I love how he waffles when talking about the trunk storage being "good".  Looks like I could fit one of my kids jackets AND a coozie in there :thumbup: 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, vanamp said:

MAX-3.jpg

Yuk that looks like a deck boat.