Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is your season over,

WakeGirl

When does your season end?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Does Labor Day mark the end of your season?

• Yes, Labor Day is the end of our season
    • Nope, the best part of the season comes after Labor Day
    • It may slow down some, but never really ends
    • It never slows down, never ends
    • We go until it's too dangerous to leave water in the boat
    • Down under spring is just around the corner

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• NorCaliBu

• VinRLX

• jetskipro550

The lake here lately is perfect on the weekdays, and on the weekend, good water is getting easier to find. Should be going strong through October. Yahoo.gif

Although, my obsession with Clemson football limits my riding on the weekends

Went to Sly Park yesterday after work. Water was perfect, 2 other boats on the lake... a great way to end a workday. Yahoo.gif

Need to do this at least once a week. ;)

Is it really? I assume that's just for public lakes, right? :)
I'm not sure how the law affects private lakes. Our lake is even tighter than public waters. Public waters are 5 mph from dusk (30 minutes post-sunset) to dawn (30 minutes pre-sunrise)...however, our recent trip to Bullard's proves that people freely ignore this law. Lake Wildwood is 5 mph from sunset to sunrise (which is the other key function of my GPS besides speed). Edited by NorCaliBu

We don't give up till the water gets below about 60*F. The lakes stay above that till about the end of October on a good year, and the ocean and bays are their warmest in Sept. With a daughter away at college now, this will probally change.

Quick edit here.....The water temp's are falling fast this year. The bay is down to 66 already.

Edited by electricjohn
Moonlight skiing ROCKS! Rockon.gif
:( Illegal here in Cali. :(

Sounds like you had a great time though. Thumbup.gif

Is it really? I assume that's just for public lakes, right? :)

We've always wakeboarded at night on Lake Berryessa. When there's no moon we use glow sticks on our vest and ropes. It's pretty awesome at night.

We've always wakeboarded at night on Lake Berryessa.
Hmmm, it used to be dusk til dawn...after some research it is apparently now sunset to sunrise = no towing for watersports.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CA Boating Basics

California Water Skiing

At least three people must be present when water skiing—the boat operator, the observer, and the skier.

Water skiing is not allowed from sunset to sunrise.

Water skiers should know the correct hand signals.

Water ski boat operator must be at least 16 years old, if unsupervised. A person 12-15 years old may operate the ski boat, if supervised on board by someone 18 years old or older.

Water ski observer must be at least 12 years old.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Play at night at your own risk. It is illegal in CA (not to mention...it's not very safe).

Moonlight skiing ROCKS! Rockon.gif
:( Illegal here in Cali. :(

Sounds like you had a great time though. Thumbup.gif

Illegal in Va too. You can ski 30 min before sunrise and 30 min after sunset. Before and after that, you can't tow anything.

I just spent all weekend Cleaning up the Bu and putting it away. We're not "officially" putting it away yet (winterizing) but it's pretty much done. We're having a new dock installed with two slips and a huge sun platform. The guy starts on Monday, so we had to clear off the dock. So it looks like we're done til next spring unless he can have the dock usable again in a few weeks. But considering he has to tear down the old one, I don't see that happening.

Here in NC we are hanging on to the bitter end of the season. Water temp last weekend at my lake was around 83 and we did wakeboarding all weekend and plan to go most weekends on into November.

As far as night riding, it's illegal here in NC too.

My season never started :(

This is the first time in 12 years that I have not been on the lake all season.

Jesse, I don't feel your pain, but sympathize with it. I thought you had friends w/boats? Hey, are you still receiving all my WSM BBG? They keep getting to me with a signature inside the cover that says, "Jesse read this first."

Did somebody say 83° water??? I'd have to wear a lycra skin filled with ice cubes so as not to overheat. :lol: Went footing yesterday with a BF suit and heater shirt. H2O 64°

In MN, yeah it was done shortly after this week, even though we took a November dip last year. However in TX I think we have a lot more season left, especially since the calendar still has crew days marked. I will say however, it's 78 out there right now at 11:00pm and it feels chilly! Baby.gif

You big wuss. Toughen up. Our water temp in down to 60F but most of the wally's are gone and THAT makes a huge difference.

I spent the first half of this year helping a buddy of mine build his boat house, which didn't get completed until almost July, so my season is just getting started. With Labor Day past us now, the water is better than ever too :)

JV

As soon as Labor day hits, i'm out on the lake so much more. There's less people out there if any at all, water stays nice and smooth. Water is a bit cold, but that won't stop me, I have a lot of fun this time of year.