Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is your season over,

WakeGirl

When does your season end?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Does Labor Day mark the end of your season?

• Yes, Labor Day is the end of our season
    • Nope, the best part of the season comes after Labor Day
    • It may slow down some, but never really ends
    • It never slows down, never ends
    • We go until it's too dangerous to leave water in the boat
    • Down under spring is just around the corner

We're done, getting cold but, mainly too many other things to do. September can be a warm, beautiful month and the water is calm with nobody on it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• NorCaliBu

• VinRLX

• jetskipro550

So when does your season end? For many, Labor Day marks the end of their season, but for many others here it marks the start to the best part of the season (normally this would be the case with us). So which is it for you? If Labor Day isn't it, when does it end for you?

this year it will be around Oct 22.....

We usually are out until the end of November or beginning of December, although this year may be different as a big part of my usual crew will be getting dropped off for her first year of college this weekend. I'll have to see just how gung-ho others are. I am dropping off the boat today to finally get the heated observer seat hooked up. That should help.

So when does your season end? For many, Labor Day marks the end of their season, but for many others here it marks the start to the best part of the season (normally this would be the case with us). So which is it for you? If Labor Day isn't it, when does it end for you?

:lol: Yes, but when does it normally end?

EDIT: Added a couple more options.

Edited by WakeGirl
Hoover and I ski until survival measures become more time consuming than the actual skiing Biggrin.gif

We go until it's too dangerous to put our boats in the water, then use the dealers. Biggrin.gif

Hey; I've skied that lake in the snow a few times. Crazy.gif Polar Bear Ski Dec. 2nd.

Edited by onamission

:lol: Yes, but when does it normally end?

EDIT: Added a couple more options.

When the combo of air and water temps are below ~140`F. :)

Stewart it has to be lower than that. Last week we went out in 70 air and water was colder than 70 in some spots.

I will end my season when the wind and rain keep me off the lakes in the after noons. Most likely late Nov.

Just installed a canopy over my boat lift. Hoping to extend into late October to ski. Unfortunately with wet suits the pesky Jet Ski tards can come out and ruin it. They hate glass!

Sorry guys Tongue.gif

Last day of Winter in Southern Hemisphere today. Sydney is 22 degrees celsius, or 71.6 Fahrenheit, water temp is slightly colder at 15-17 degrees celsius. Looking forward to a great summer.

Damen Yahoo.gif

For us, the season isn't over, but it slows way down. School starts and so does all the practices, games and other activities. Soccer games on both weekend days, soccer practice or Tae Kwon Do on weeknights. It makes it very difficult to get out. We will make it out a few times in September, but by early October, I usually give up and winterize.

When the combo of air and water temps are below ~140`F. :)

That would limit our season to about 5 weeks.

That would limit MY season to about 5 DAYS! :lol: I go by the 80° rule, give or take. Yes.gif

Hoover and I ski until survival measures become more time consuming than the actual skiing Biggrin.gif

We go until it's too dangerous to put our boats in the water, then use the dealers. Biggrin.gif

Hey; I've skied that lake in the snow a few times. Crazy.gif Polar Bear Ski Dec. 2nd.

I think we used the 60degF rule last year, didn't we? 26 air/34 water, or something like that. Lake froze over like 3 days later. Crazy.gif

Hope they equip the boats with showers this year... Mad.gif

The past 2 weeks our morning temps have been 45-55 which has brought the water temp down to 68. I guess that's around 118. Too cold for me. If it was spring, I'd be out there but, I've had enough. Not Son, he wants to demo a System 8 Sat. am.

Our season is just about to start....We have been out a couple of times through Winter but today is the 1st day of Spring. Temp is 25C today and 27C on Sunday. Good times ahead.

We cant wait to get out and enjoy the 2nd season with our pride & joy.

I hope you all had an enjoyable Summer. Sorry to hear about your injury Tracie.

PS: We head to New Zealand next week for one last snowboard trip.

Today was bittersweet for me. I got down to the water and the parking lot was EMPTY:Yahoo: , but the water was much cooler :( I (drying up my tears) had to put on my...wetsuit Cry.gif The water temp was between 64 and 65. During the spring I stop using a wet suit at 63, but I just didn't want to be cold today...falls a comin Cry.gif

I think we used the 60degF rule last year, didn't we? 26 air/34 water, or something like that. Lake froze over like 3 days later. Crazy.gif

Now you're just showing off.

The past 2 weeks our morning temps have been 45-55 which has brought the water temp down to 68.

Exactly my situation here. Couple that with the south wind wrecking the lake this morning and the girls didn't want to go. Cry.gif I said give it a couple hours and we're going no matter what. Training Day. Crazy.gif

Ya know we drove 4 hours to do that?

Yeah? well I walked like 34 miles there and back, and it was uphill both ways! Biggrin.gif

Seriously, you guys are Crazy.gif

Edited by SunriseH2OSkier

This Friday we finally move into our dream house on a private lake. So I had to choose... "It never slows down, never ends"! I plan on skiing everyday for... well... forever! Yahoo.gif

This Friday we finally move into our dream house on a private lake. So I had to choose... "It never slows down, never ends"! I plan on skiing everyday for... well... forever! Yahoo.gif

oh wow. that means you are moving to..let me guess... Lago Santa Fe?? or another?

congrats on finding eternal skiing happiness. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

warming up fast down here. on holdiays next week so dare say we will be getting into it.

Up here in Maine it is the end of the season for most normal people. Not for me and a friend of mine. Our personal record is November 10th, looking to break that this year. Currently building a garage so the boat can stay at the house and not go into storage. It will be much easier to use later and earlier that way!

Invested in a good 4/3 full suit this year that will let my season go longer without using the dreaded drysuit. I've tried it in 50 degree water and I could net even tell I was in cold water, definitely worth the investment.

oh wow. that means you are moving to..let me guess... Lago Santa Fe?? or another?

congrats on finding eternal skiing happiness. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

warming up fast down here. on holdiays next week so dare say we will be getting into it.

Yep, LSF, or as we call it, paradise!

I am starting to go out once a week since august, vs. 4 times the rest of the year. So my season is picking up!! I hope to ride untill christmas!!

Sad to say, but I think it's just about time to winterize. Between my very busy work schedule and kids sports, and surprisingly cool weather lately, we just don't have the time to go out.