Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Is your season over,

WakeGirl

When does your season end?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Does Labor Day mark the end of your season?

• Yes, Labor Day is the end of our season
    • Nope, the best part of the season comes after Labor Day
    • It may slow down some, but never really ends
    • It never slows down, never ends
    • We go until it's too dangerous to leave water in the boat
    • Down under spring is just around the corner

So when does your season end? For many, Labor Day marks the end of their season, but for many others here it marks the start to the best part of the season (normally this would be the case with us). So which is it for you? If Labor Day isn't it, when does it end for you?

Edited by WakeGirl
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WakeGirl

• NorCaliBu

• VinRLX

• jetskipro550

i go until it gets too cold for me to get people to come along...

or until the rains wash too much debris into the water for safety...

I have a sad feeling that I might not make it out again once school starts (september 25) so our trip down to shasta might be my be the end of my season (great way to go out IMO) Yahoo.gif If the weather is nice and I am home some weekend in October I might get another ride, but the leaves are turning colors, it was 68* today, its getting dark at 8:30, and the nights are cold Cry.gif But its going to be 93* this weekend so while its still warm I am going to ride!!! We have 62 hours and counting on our boat this season and we are striving to hit 100 before its over!

two answers:

for the family trips, things start to slow down now just because of school.

but for me on the course, sept and october is some of the best water here. my friend tracks all of his sets on the course, usually early august is the mid point for the season.

oh.....just realized....that's why I'm in my mid season slump Frustrated.gif

I have a sad feeling that I might not make it out again once school starts (september 25) so our trip down to shasta might be my be the end of my season (great way to go out IMO) Yahoo.gif If the weather is nice and I am home some weekend in October I might get another ride, but the leaves are turning colors, it was 68* today, its getting dark at 8:30, and the nights are cold Cry.gif But its going to be 93* this weekend so while its still warm I am going to ride!!! We have 62 hours and counting on our boat this season and we are striving to hit 100 before its over!

You should come to the rentalake in October. :)

You should come to the rentalake in October. :)

Too much driving... :)

In MN, yeah it was done shortly after this week, even though we took a November dip last year. However in TX I think we have a lot more season left, especially since the calendar still has crew days marked. I will say however, it's 78 out there right now at 11:00pm and it feels chilly! Baby.gif

Oh, sure, add more options after I vote. Crazy.gif

Once it cools down all the kids wakeboard stuff gets put away for the winter and it is "Slalom Only" time. Yahoo.gif If it's not raining (or snowing) we're out on the water...Air temp / water temp doesn't matter...those are just minor details. Of course, our water doesn't freeze. Biggrin.gif

Edited by NorCaliBu

Is it unfair and nasty to all northern hemispherites to say mines just about to begin, not finish.

Took yesterday off work and had the whole day skiing and boarding. It was great :) Body is sore today though Surprised.gif

Springs officially starts on Friday Biggrin.gif

I understand you slalom with one ski...But can you really slalom with one arm???
I broke it...I didn't break it off... Crazy.gif ...It healed and now I'm skiing again. Yahoo.gif And surfing, and skating, and boarding,... Biggrin.gif
I understand you slalom with one ski...But can you really slalom with one arm???
I broke it...I didn't break it off... Crazy.gif ...It healed and now I'm skiing again. Yahoo.gif And surfing, and skating, and boarding,... Biggrin.gif

That's awesome Mike, congrats. Yahoo.gif

Once school starts down here, which it did August 15th, the rivers are vacant. We went out boarding sunday afternoon, and the only other boat with the exception of a couple of bass fishermen, was a Moomba Mobius. We had it all to ourselves. After Labor Day weekend, we still have a good 6 weeks of upper 80's to lower 90's weather with little to no river traffic. Gotta love it! Our course is in an isolated location so there is never a problem with traffic there.

Mid October for us. The good news is that most of the part time lakers are gone. The bad news is that the days are getting shorter and the water is getting colder.

This is the best time of year. We'll ride up until the end of October most likely.

I've sunk too much money into the BU lately to stick her on the shelf early.

Need another option Tracie. We go until it's too dangerous to leave the boat with water in it - usually the last weekend in October. But it won't be long until its drysuit time again.