Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Remove windshield on newer axis.

RudyMuller

14 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

Don't give in to the haters.  You can DO IT!!!!

I rolled a G23 into a barn on steel rims despite the constant barrage of hating from my boys!  

Take another pic of the axle but from the outside of the wheel

Thats what what I was planning to do. So I went to the trailer place to buy some 14" steel rims. The salesman told me I was nuts and the rims would break and that it would mess with the locking axles. I only know about boats and motorcycles.  😂

26 minutes ago, RudyMuller said:

Thats what what I was planning to do. So I went to the trailer place to buy some 14" steel rims. The salesman told me I was nuts and the rims would break and that it would mess with the locking axles. I only know about boats and motorcycles.  😂

He's full of it.  I rolled a freaking G23 on steel rims with zero issues.  I did lay down some plywood so I didn't tear up the concrete.  You just have to make sure you clear the brakes.  

39 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

He's full of it.  I rolled a freaking G23 on steel rims with zero issues.  I did lay down some plywood so I didn't tear up the concrete.  You just have to make sure you clear the brakes.  

I think I see what you mean by lowering trailer. Looks like a arm on a splined shaft. Maybe. Thanks dude. You inspired me. 

IMG_7554.JPG

IMG_7631.JPG

2 hours ago, bamaboy said:

Don't give in to the haters.  You can DO IT!!!!

I rolled a G23 into a barn on steel rims despite the constant barrage of hating from my boys!  

Take another pic of the axle but from the outside of the wheel

1 hour ago, bamaboy said:

So you're saying you feel strongly about my suggestion...

Just having a laugh, carry on.

Edited by onwi
1 hour ago, RudyMuller said:

I think I see what you mean by lowering trailer. Looks like a arm on a splined shaft. Maybe. Thanks dude. You inspired me. 

LOL. That's what I'm here for.  To inspire fellow hillbillies to put their lives at risk and cut corners.  

Yes, it is an adjustable arm on a splined shaft.  Pull the wheels off and there should be one vertical bolt holding it on the shaft.  The more horizontal you put the arm, the lower your trailer will be.  I lowered mine all the way and the tires rubbed a fuzz on the fenders.  I only go from the launch to my house though so it wasn't a big deal.  If I take any long trips I will raise them back up.  This should get you about 2-3 inches.  Maybe more.  

• Like 2

Index the factory positions of the torsion arms in relation to the splined shafts before you pull them and rotate them. That way you can evenly put them back to factory ride height when the banjos stop playing. 😁 I used an electric engraver, but any permanent means will work. Good luck.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 11:22 AM, bamaboy said:

LOL. That's what I'm here for.  To inspire fellow hillbillies to put their lives at risk and cut corners.  

Yes, it is an adjustable arm on a splined shaft.  Pull the wheels off and there should be one vertical bolt holding it on the shaft.  The more horizontal you put the arm, the lower your trailer will be.  I lowered mine all the way and the tires rubbed a fuzz on the fenders.  I only go from the launch to my house though so it wasn't a big deal.  If I take any long trips I will raise them back up.  This should get you about 2-3 inches.  Maybe more.  

So I dropped the trailer and I need about 4 more inches. I might take the fenders off the trailer and drop it more. Thoughts?

26 minutes ago, RudyMuller said:

So I dropped the trailer and I need about 4 more inches. I might take the fenders off the trailer and drop it more. Thoughts?

Did you try tilting it forward?

5 hours ago, RudyMuller said:

Pics?

C'mon my man.  We can do this.  

Edited by bamaboy
1 hour ago, bamaboy said:

what's limiting you? what's going to hit?  

I'll post some photos this weekend. 

The axis tower where it folds back will hit than the windshield. I was thinking about putting my axles way up on the spline. To do that I would just have to remove the fenders. Tires would be up by the boat. 

• 11 months later...
On 10/19/2017 at 11:22 AM, bamaboy said:

Dude!!!!! I did it!!! I gave up last year and wrapped it, but I never forgot your pep talk. Took a year but she is in. Thanks for your help, you inspired me. This site is so hard to put a photo up on you will just have to imagine. Thanks man. 

25 minutes ago, RudyMuller said:

Dude!!!!! I did it!!! I gave up last year and wrapped it, but I never forgot your pep talk. Took a year but she is in. Thanks for your help, you inspired me. This site is so hard to put a photo up on you will just have to imagine. Thanks man. 

Pay the few bucks to support the site and you post pics straight from your phone.  The knowledge I get here plus the discounts for members makes this memebership one of the best investments I make each year.  

On 11/5/2018 at 7:38 PM, RudyMuller said:

Atta boy.  I'm proud of you