Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Observations from a window shopper

UWSkier

Not a fan of snap-out carpets... Nothing like when one (or more) of the snaps pulls out of the carpet & it's flapping in the wind. It can happen & do lots more damage while flapping from towing (sans cover) speeds. If that happens, you are out lots of $$$$ to replace entire carpet or adding new snap into fiberglass to get the carpet to lay right. Usually #1.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UWSkier

• VinRLX

• JeffK

• Tom Sawyer

When you are used to an i/o, boats with little freeboard feel downright unsafe.

You need to ride in a bass boat going 70+MPH and only being an arms reach above the water. Crazy.gif

Very little dangerous about it or Ranger, Champion, Skeeter, etc would have been gone years ago!

Just got home from our local show!!!! Look at and sat in all of the big 3's boats. Honestly I disliked the CCs the most. Very stiff feel inside. Especially the driver's seat. It takes an act of congress to get me out of my driver's seat in the SLXi but the SAN was aweful. The rest of the seats were the same. I also thought that it seemed small inside for such a big boat. Lot of exposed glass where Bu has carpet. MC was better. Softer feel inside. But the CCs looked huge form the outside. Sitting on a tandem trailer, I couldn't come close to looking over the side of the boat.

Bu by far has the softest interior of the 3. The boats space out so well also. The first boat that I crawled around in was a 247. then I went to the new VTX. I was amazed how big the VTX interior was for a 20"VD. MC's boat (can't remember which model) in the 20-21' size didn't have near as much space. The exterior lines of the Bu also seemed to flow better than CC and I can't stand the picklefork that MC has commited to.

The only fit/finish issue I saw with Bu was on the VTX, the stainless-looking Malibu logo towards the transom wasn't fitting flush with the side of the boat. A big bow in it. Why didn't they stick with a drip molded decal here?

No..it was Oldsmobile.

Buick

Dang it, I can't access your link. It says I have to be over 55 years old in order to view the website. ROFL.gif

It asked for my AARP # WTF?

i work at a CC dealer but own a BU and it always seams like i am stubing my toe on the darn snaps when the carpet is out. Cry.gifMad.gif

I was hoping to order a new bu next year but have been increasingly disappointed in the new color schemes and windshields. Right now I am tempted to just hang on to my 94 Echelon. With a wedge it is a great combination for skiing, wakeboarding and barefoot. I will be taking a good hard look at the new models at the next boat show after seeing the quality issues in the previous pictures. I may have to find something a year or two old. :(

I wonder why no billet door on glove box? I also wonder what stops the cold air from coming through those holes in the corner of the windshield. That hinge on the cushion is not typical, but it does show that they don't use a jig for consistency in attaching the hinge. I also have seen the marks leftover from factory, but that is the dealers responsibility to check over those things on arrival and before delivery. I also think the two piece rear hatch is a mistake, as we open it sometimes while engine is running, so how long before an accident takes somebodies arm off (and it will) Malibu gets sued and we are back to three piece hatch. I also agree about using carpet saver in place of snap out carpet, just looks so much more plush! Yes.gifNo.gif

I wonder why no billet door on glove box? I also wonder what stops the cold air from coming through those holes in the corner of the windshield. That hinge on the cushion is not typical, but it does show that they don't use a jig for consistency in attaching the hinge. I also have seen the marks leftover from factory, but that is the dealers responsibility to check over those things on arrival and before delivery. I also think the two piece rear hatch is a mistake, as we open it sometimes while engine is running, so how long before an accident takes somebodies arm off (and it will) Malibu gets sued and we are back to three piece hatch. I also agree about using carpet saver in place of snap out carpet, just looks so much more plush! Yes.gifNo.gif

The way the holes are positioned, they get NO air through them. I was quite surprised that as I drove at 40 mph, on a cold day, I could feel no air coming through the holes. I liked the windshield better than on my SLxi, no distortion.

The 2 piece hatch is not a problem with the engine. there is a cover/warming tray that sits over the engine, so that when the hatches are open, the motor is not exposed at all. I liked the setup.

The way the holes are positioned, they get NO air through them...I liked the windshield better than on my SLxi, no distortion.

The 2 piece hatch is not a problem...the motor is not exposed at all. I liked the setup.

But if you dispell the myths of all their complaints...what are they gonna "female dog" about? Crazy.gif

:lol:

The way the holes are positioned, they get NO air through them...I liked the windshield better than on my SLxi, no distortion.

The 2 piece hatch is not a problem...the motor is not exposed at all. I liked the setup.

But if you dispell the myths of all their complaints...what are they gonna "female dog" about? Crazy.gif

:lol:

Sorry,

Ya, those holes are a major pain. I had to add a second heater to overcome the air through those atrocious holes.

Tongue.gif

i work at a CC dealer but own a BU

ROFL.gif

i owned the bu before i worked there and tried to work at the local bu dealer but the manager is a real a$$ hole so i decided not to deal with him