Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

grab rails in bow of Vride

smedman

wondering if anyone has added grab rails onto your Vride. the kind that rise off the top of the front bow seating area (like on the VLX for example) rather than the stock ones that come with the boat (inside the sitting area).

if yes, any idea of cost?

wondering if anyone has added grab rails onto your Vride. the kind that rise off the top of the front bow seating area (like on the VLX for example) rather than the stock ones that come with the boat (inside the sitting area).

Yes, I added them to mine. It's been awhile but I think it was around $350 to $400.

I ordered them on my 06 V-ride and the optional cost was $225.00 but that is when it was being built. The cost that has been posted for $350.00 - $400.00 is probably right for adding them after the fact. I love mine and they add a good look to the boat. Our V-rides need all we can get for added looks. Good luck you should love them.

Man,

I've thought about skiiping those rails in my next boat. They're really not that useful and people tend to sit on top of them.

Or you have the guys that go for 250 or so that think it might be fun to try to pull themselves on to the boat using them. Shocking.gif

Haven't had any break yet, but it does scare me when I see someone trying that.

That being said, I still think they look cool. And they give you more places to hang fenders or tie off to a dock if need be.

I just installed a pair of grab rails on our V-Ride. They were $160 for both and were simple to install. Just start near the navigation light so the front of the rail is 6" from the light and center it on top edge of the bow. The studs are 5/16 so use a 3/8 drill to eliminate binding as you bolt it in, and watch for wires below. Also, I used a special wood bit with a sharp point that holds it from drifting and cuts a clean hole with no chipping. On the bottom side use self locking SS nuts and large SS washers. It helps to have someone with long arms to tighten the bolts. The rails are nice when approaching a dock to hang onto until ropes are in place...

I just installed a pair of grab rails on our V-Ride. They were $160 for both and were simple to install. Just start near the navigation light so the front of the rail is 6" from the light and center it on top edge of the bow. The studs are 5/16 so use a 3/8 drill to eliminate binding as you bolt it in, and watch for wires below. Also, I used a special wood bit with a sharp point that holds it from drifting and cuts a clean hole with no chipping. On the bottom side use self locking SS nuts and large SS washers. It helps to have someone with long arms to tighten the bolts. The rails are nice when approaching a dock to hang onto until ropes are in place...

Where did you pick them up?

Thanks!

Where did you pick them up?

Thanks!

I wasn't sure if you still needed the info... I actually got them from a guy who does the maintenance on my equipment (P.J.P. & Company 408-378-4286). I believe he got them from Malibu or a local dealer. Send me a note if you need any more help with them.