Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

23 lsv vs 247

foxhall

I currently have an 04 25 lsv wakesetter. I originally went with it because of it's size and and higher side walls for having several small kids on board. It is a great surf boat but the wakeboard wake isn't real sharp. My older kids are now starting to do board tricks so I am thinking about downsizing to the 247 or 23lsv. Any input from people who have ridden behind both to compare the wakes for both surfing and boarding. We do very little skiing. Thanks

To answer your question, I think you would probably be happy with the 247. You will undoubtably have a different ride however, due to the differnece in the hull shape (freeboard, deadrise, etc.). I would recommned starting out with a demo at your nearest dealer.

To add to that - you mention you got the 25 due to the kids - are you frequently having HUGE groups of people on the boat? You may also be happier with an overall smaller boat (lower gas expenditures, would probably come too).

JZ

I have had (2) 23 LSV's and (1) 247. The 247 is a great boat. It actually puts out an awesome wakeboarding wake. Almost everyone who has ridden behind my 247 (minus PistolPete) has loved it.

The handling of the boat is much like the 23 LSV, but you can definitely tell its a little bit bigger. Doesn't quite do a bat turn like the 23 LSV Whistling.gif But it handles the rougher water a little better.

A nice thing about the 247 is that it doesn't have to be fully loaded down to get a killer wake. Lately, we have been jsut running 500lbs in pop bags and 2 adults and 2 kids. Great wake. Last weekend we surfed it with just the 3 people, 500lbs of pop bags on one side, 500lb fat sac in port locker, port rear ballast full, center and front ballast full and wedge at 1/2. We got a great surf wake!!!!!! (see pictures below)

A could write a novel on both, so I will just leave it as this: 1. Test drive both. 2. Board behind them if you can. 3. Pick the one that fits in your garage / storage the best.

Your really can't go wrong with either one. :)

post-28-1156804197_thumb.jpg

post-28-1156804226_thumb.jpg

Edited by stewart

I noticed that you are Table Rock. I bought my 06 LSV from Ski Shack, Greg was great to deal with. When the wife and I were looking they actually got a customer to loan them his boat so we could test drive an LSV as they were sold out.

I have sat in the 25, and talked long with people who own them and take them on big water, LOTO. It is truly massive. I am yet to see the 247. For me, I could not justify the extra size or cost over the 247. The LSV 23 is plenty big for my family. We have run with 14 on board for an entire weekdn and did not feel cramped. I also felt like it was big enough to handle the water of Table Rock. We were ther the week of July 4th and never felt like we did not have enough boat.

I would love to see a 247. Greg had only sold a couple when I talked with him this summer, and those were ordered. He did not order any floor models that I know of. Last year he was not expecting it to sell that well, but I think he has been pleasantly surprised.

I noticed that you are Table Rock. I bought my 06 LSV from Ski Shack, Greg was great to deal with. When the wife and I were looking they actually got a customer to loan them his boat so we could test drive an LSV as they were sold out.

I have sat in the 25, and talked long with people who own them and take them on big water, LOTO. It is truly massive. I am yet to see the 247. For me, I could not justify the extra size or cost over the 247. The LSV 23 is plenty big for my family. We have run with 14 on board for an entire weekdn and did not feel cramped. I also felt like it was big enough to handle the water of Table Rock. We were ther the week of July 4th and never felt like we did not have enough boat.

I would love to see a 247. Greg had only sold a couple when I talked with him this summer, and those were ordered. He did not order any floor models that I know of. Last year he was not expecting it to sell that well, but I think he has been pleasantly surprised.

I live in Leawood but have a house at Table Rock. I also delt with Greg and have been very pleased with the service from the Ski Shack. I have talked to them and they don't have either a 23 or 247 in at this time but are getting some 07's in in the next couple weeks. Hopefully I can get to test one this fall . Thanks

I live in Leawood but have a house at Table Rock. I also delt with Greg and have been very pleased with the service from the Ski Shack. I have talked to them and they don't have either a 23 or 247 in at this time but are getting some 07's in in the next couple weeks. Hopefully I can get to test one this fall . Thanks

What are you doing Saturday morning? My LSV in on Longview in Lee's Summit. We go out around 7:00 every Saturday morning, come in around 10:00. You are welcome to ride along, bring your board, we can put another in the set.

What are you doing Saturday morning? My LSV in on Longview in Lee's Summit. We go out around 7:00 every Saturday morning, come in around 10:00. You are welcome to ride along, bring your board, we can put another in the set.

I appreciate the offer but we are going down to Table Rock this weekend. Maybe another time if Greg doesn't have one later this fall. Thanks