Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 T22 Build

Raimie

10 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

I still vote vapor ;)

Is it more to have them leave the platform white? I'd almost think no or not much because they are built and sprayed separate of the hull. 

No idea, I assumed no because they are totally separate from the hull. My reasoning on that was because of the shape of the Axis swim platform wakeboard fins hit the sides. I put 3M Clearbra on the '14 to protect it, and would likely do that again, but it still got a couple little scuffs that show up a lot more on the blue.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:43 AM, NAW said:

48 gallons for 2018.

I think it was 42 gallons for the 2014-2017.

dang it seems like they are doing everything on the 18's to justify an upgrade! :)

I know 6 gallons doesn't sound like much but I feel like I am constantly filling up with my 16. and I don't surf or board a crazy amount. anyone else feel that way?

I wish there was a way you could do a weekend boat test drive.

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 10:43 AM, NAW said:

48 gallons for 2018.

I think it was 42 gallons for the 2014-2017.

Does the T22 and T23 have the same size tank? I thought I read that the 2016 T23 has a 65ish(I think it was a little more actually) gallon tank. It would make sense if the T22 had a smaller tank since the boat is smaller but that is a big difference. 

27 minutes ago, smuurph84 said:

I know 6 gallons doesn't sound like much but I feel like I am constantly filling up with my 16. and I don't surf or board a crazy amount. anyone else feel that way?

This is honestly my very biggest complaint. When combined with the gas gauge that runs to E with 10 gallons left, it definitely creates a little anxiety at the end of a long day. I’ve never had to put in more than 35 gallons but I stress about it in a way that I never did in any on my prior boats. 

26 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

This is honestly my very biggest complaint. When combined with the gas gauge that runs to E with 10 gallons left, it definitely creates a little anxiety at the end of a long day. I’ve never had to put in more than 35 gallons but I stress about it in a way that I never did in any on my prior boats. 

Probably better than a gauge that reads 1/4 and you run out of gas!  We always carry a small gas can in the boat (1-2 gal size) for mental health reasons 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, CBray4 said:

Does the T22 and T23 have the same size tank? I thought I read that the 2016 T23 has a 65ish(I think it was a little more actually) gallon tank. It would make sense if the T22 had a smaller tank since the boat is smaller but that is a big difference. 

2017 and 2018 T23 calls for a 69 gallon tank.

18 hours ago, NAW said:

2017 and 2018 T23 calls for a 69 gallon tank.

UH0suYh.png

The T22 in 2017 was:

C7bgw0O.png

But the T22 was re done for 2018 so it might be different now. 

Edited by agarabaghi

I think there might be a discrepancy in data.  

The excel sheet that Malibu sends dealers for specs (heights, lengths, ballast tank size, fuel cap, etc) says 69 gals as does the 2017 brochure.

Not that it matters much, just referencing where I got the data.  Don’t trust the internet! Haha

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:22 PM, shawndoggy said:

my goodness! so glad someone else feels my pain! I am a stressed mess when it is 0 bars! is there really 10 gallons left in the tank? I never thought to check it but knowing this may ease my anxiety. ( although I still won't like 0 bars!) this is my biggest problem as well. I think if the gas gauge red correctly I would be better with it, 

maybe Anderson can chime in on how its reading in the new 18?  you notice any difference? additional 6 gallons plus a correct gauge and I may not be able to say no!:whistle:

2 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

my goodness! so glad someone else feels my pain! I am a stressed mess when it is 0 bars! is there really 10 gallons left in the tank? I never thought to check it but knowing this may ease my anxiety. ( although I still won't like 0 bars!) this is my biggest problem as well. I think if the gas gauge red correctly I would be better with it, 

maybe Anderson can chime in on how its reading in the new 18?  you notice any difference? additional 6 gallons plus a correct gauge and I may not be able to say no!:whistle:

haha MY tank has 10 gallons right when it drops under E.  No telling what yours has!

3 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

I never take it down to empty, I don’t really use the boat that way. It’s mostly morning sessions (on and off quick), or chill with family day where we don’t do a ton of riding.  And for that matter I never pay attention to the fuel gauge. So I have no data for you, sorry. 

But if it helps you buy a new boat. Sure, the extra 6 gallons is a #gamechanger. I couldn’t imagine my life without these extra 6 gallons. 

On 10/13/2017 at 8:08 AM, Raimie said:

Any idea when we will see the 18 product brochure or manuals?

I asked last week, it will be available in November.  They are waiting to announce the new boat from Malibu (presumably the MLX other threads have spoken of) before distributing materials.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone seen any pictures of a 2018 Axis (any model) with a white hull and the deck track option? If so, please share or point me to them! Torn between the factory option or ordering some grey pieces from gatorstep...

Getting the build narrowed down...

build.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Raimie said:

Has anyone seen any pictures of a 2018 Axis (any model) with a white hull and the deck track option? If so, please share or point me to them! Torn between the factory option or ordering some grey pieces from gatorstep...

Getting the build narrowed down...

build.jpg

I have only seen it on black boats.  I do not think it would look good on a light colored boat.   Order your own in a color that matches your carpet/decadence/soft flooring. 

14 minutes ago, vanamp said:

I have only seen it on black boats.  I do not think it would look good on a light colored boat.   Order your own in a color that matches your carpet/decadence/soft flooring. 

That is how I am leaning, but what the image above doesn't show you is that the factory applies black gatorstep on the vent covers in front of the windshield and dashboard as well. I'm less concerned about the dash, but I might consider getting gray vent covers to replace the factory black.

1 hour ago, Cole2001 said:

You can’t really tell from these pictures but I believe Tara has it on the white gel. 

What is going on with that bimini?

I guess I mean on a boat that has the main hull color as white, and really an accent color other than black. Not enough of them in the wild yet...

23 minutes ago, Raimie said:

What is going on with that bimini?

I guess I mean on a boat that has the main hull color as white, and really an accent color other than black. Not enough of them in the wild yet...

They have ones that provide extra protection.