Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2018 T22 Build

Raimie

Figured I should have shared my new baby on this thread a long time ago - don't think I did.  And it's crappy out this weekend so I'm surfing the crew wishing I was on the water.

IMAG0687.jpg

IMAG0723.jpg

IMAG0771.jpg

I had my boat out at night last week parked and listening to music and noticed I couldn't run the tower parking light with the key in accessory (had to be on)...   Is this the same for others or did I do something stupid?

3 hours ago, MustGoFast said:

I had my boat out at night last week parked and listening to music and noticed I couldn't run the tower parking light with the key in accessory (had to be on)...   Is this the same for others or did I do something stupid?

Are you saying the navigation lights?

You have nav and you have anchor , did you have it in anchor, if so it should have worked .  Anchor is the white light only and takes no key at all, I don’t believe nav requires key either so what happens when you put it on nav??

On 7/23/2018 at 9:10 AM, granddaddy55 said:

You have nav and you have anchor , did you have it in anchor, if so it should have worked .  Anchor is the white light only and takes no key at all, I don’t believe nav requires key either so what happens when you put it on nav??

IT's all controlled by 1 button w/ 3 settings and none of them did anything unless the ignition was in the on position - saw a similar comment from someone on the axis forum too so it might just be "the way" they did it.

Makes no marine sense, especially if that switch is independent of any screen, whole point of anchor light is to be on even if key switch is off

• 1 month later...

Installed dri-dek in my storage areas. This product is perfect for this application!

It's inexpensive, easy to install and has a lot of color options. I picked it up on Amazon.

IMG_20180831_152015792_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180831_151937144_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180831_152007271_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180831_164606008.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Well, I reluctantly pulled the boat out on Saturday. I might get a chance to go out again, as the forecast is looking really good for the next week, but Oct is an exceptionally busy month for me with multiple commitments every weekend. If it's done, I'm ok with it, which I almost never say :lol: I had an amazing summer, getting about 90 hours this season, which is close to double what we have done for the last 4 seasons (Typically averaged 48/yr). I am very satisfied with this purchase and have really enjoyed experimenting with PW2 both for wakeboarding and surfing.

Looking forward to lots of mountain biking and snowboarding until spring hits and we can get back on the lake! Oh, and working on my house, yard, garage, jeep etc...since I did just about nothing with all that for the last 5 months lol.

• Like 1
  • 9 months later...

So, I started out this year with the 2277 prop on. I LOVE it. It is perfect for this boat. I am now running about 3400 rpms when loaded up for surfing, opposed to 3900 with the stock prop (2249). Definitely gained some top end speed, which is fun for a few seconds here and there to thrill the kiddos, but I'm not interested in spending much time running at 5k rpms. Its better for cruising now too, a little faster speed to get to where I'm going without sacrificing fuel economy.  

I haven't even come close to running out of power with this prop, it does not take any longer than the 2249 to get up to surf speeds.