Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How Much Oil

I changed the oil in my 310 indmar yesterday,the malibu book tells me to put 5.25 liters of oil in.After putting 4.5 liters in its at the top of the mark on the dipstick with no black oil showing so I must have got all the old oil out.I took the boat out for a ski thinking Ill have to put the remaining oil in out on the water but its still up to the correct mark on the dipstick.Help explain?

I changed the oil in my 310 indmar yesterday,the malibu book tells me to put 5.25 liters of oil in.After putting 4.5 liters in its at the top of the mark on the dipstick with no black oil showing so I must have got all the old oil out.I took the boat out for a ski thinking Ill have to put the remaining oil in out on the water but its still up to the correct mark on the dipstick.Help explain?

You changed the oil filter as well, didn't you?

Did you measure how much oil came out? Sometimes the oil-drain-hose gets kinked.

How looked your oil after skiing? Was it still "clean"? Otherwise there was old oil left in the engine.

book tells me to put 5.25 liters of oil in.After putting 4.5 liters in

Wait, how many quarts is that? Crazy.gif

I don't think you can ever get all of the old oil out, nor can you put in the full capacity called for in the manual. My motor calls for 5.5 quarts, but when I change it (and filter) I put in 4 to start then run it, check it, add as necessary, repeat.

Go by the dipstick and go skiing. :)