Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tony Carroll - A24 set

agarabaghi

Looks awesome.  The last trick was slick!   He lands blind, then rather than pass the handle, just wraps himself and goes for the next trick.  

Freeze it at 9 seconds and it looks like he has that thing pretty heavily weighted.  

plug and play and lead. i can get you the total count next time we go out. im copying that setup on my T23, though he doesnt use the wedge, the T23 seems to respond better to the wedge

• Like 1

Yeah that 17"er is going to be a nice bump in power and engine performance.  I was in two different boats over past week with 17" props.  Very surprised how much of a difference it makes from a 15".

I think Malibu moved to the 1.25" shaft when the increased the tranny ratio and added the 17 inch prop, right?  I think they learned from Nautique's failure.  

The original G boat with 17 inch prop kept the 1.125" shaft that everyone was using at the time.  That is the one that had a number of failures.  Breaks appear to be rare on the thicker shaft.  

• 1 year later...
On 8/28/2017 at 3:08 PM, TallRedRider said:

I think Malibu moved to the 1.25" shaft when the increased the tranny ratio and added the 17 inch prop, right?  I think they learned from Nautique's failure.  

The original G boat with 17 inch prop kept the 1.125" shaft that everyone was using at the time.  That is the one that had a number of failures.  Breaks appear to be rare on the thicker shaft.  

The thicker shaft breaks equally on the Nautique.  Every year they talk about a new supplier, and every year more breaks happen. 

Can anyone confirm if Malibu went with a 1.25 inch shaft on the new 2:1 ratio tranny boats with 17 inch props?  

15 hours ago, TallRedRider said:

Can anyone confirm if Malibu went with a 1.25 inch shaft on the new 2:1 ratio tranny boats with 17 inch props?  

My 2019 25 LSV will have the 1.25" shaft. Sounded like they've had the 1.25" shaft since they added the 17" prop (2017?) but I can't verify.

Edited by G Spot
  • Like 1
15 hours ago, TenTwentyOne said:

I’m sitting here wondering..... is he arguing with himself??? Then I saw how long ago the other post was....

C1165E72-4FEC-4EEB-AF7A-009037932CA9.png

I've got a new 25 LSV coming and have what used to be the spare prop for my G.  That is why I was looking for definitive confirmation.  It sounds like G spot has the confirmation I was looking for.  

48 minutes ago, TallRedRider said:

I've got a new 25 LSV coming and have what used to be the spare prop for my G.  That is why I was looking for definitive confirmation.  It sounds like G spot has the confirmation I was looking for.  

@TallRedRiderDo you know what model prop you have? I ordered the speed prop (2805). Hoping it still has enough grunt. My dealer is ordering all their 25's with the 3077.

Edited by G Spot
35 minutes ago, G Spot said:

Do you know what model you have? I ordered the speed prop (2805). Hoping it still has enough grunt. My dealer is ordering all their 25's with the 3077.

I have the 17 X 15.5.  That is the 3077.  I am not sure there is enough collective experience to know what prop is best. 

I will be with the M6DI motor, which is another variable compared to previous years.