Sign in to follow this  
meb885

Mooring Cover Care

meb885

My Trailer/Mooring Cover is very nice.... Not sure on the brand.... sunscape maybe? all i know is its custom fit for my echelon.....

Its BRIGHT blue.....easiest boat to spot on the lake........ till u walk out, look at it and realize there is more white and green on the cover now then the blue color...... Aparently Seagulls and Geese REALLY like my cover.....

Whats the best way to clean up the cover....its kinda cumbersome at 20 feet long and really wide.... Also whats the best way to get the same oily feces out of my previously spotless carpet..... my uncovered boat got aimed at from the sky....in the middle of a run too.....that bird got lucky!

I am finding this appearence maintainence to be a CONSTANT thing.....like to keep my boat spotless id have to be out there 3x daily scrubbing the whole thing down...... living on a lake with a REALLY sandy bottom doesnt help keeping dirt and mud out of the boat either.

-Mark

BlastRlxi

Someone on here suggested taking the cover to the laundramat and running it through an oversized washer. You could also try a pressure washer on a lower setting.

kiley
Someone on here suggested taking the cover to the laundramat and running it through an oversized washer. You could also try a pressure washer on a lower setting.

I took my cover to the laundramat, and it came out great. I used about 1/4 of the soap reccomended for the load size. I didnt want to have soap residue on the cover after it was washed.

88Skier

Welcome to my world. I don't know about geese but, seagulls are the worst, much worse than ducks which regularly s on me.

I remove the cover carefully folding it so the soiled areas face each other. I then throw it over the deck railing if Mrs. 88 isn't around or the trailer if she is. I hose it down and then gently scrub it with a nylon brush and Simple Green. I then hose it and let it dry.

onamission

I used to have a bright yellow cover and washed mine at home every year, but a have a large heavy duty washer. Sunbrella told me to wash it with a little soap and bleach in hot wash, rinse twice and then rewater proof it. Looked good for ten years. Try the laundramat on Orchard Lake Road just past the Dairy Queen, they used to have a couple of machines that can be used for rugs that would work. 303 cleaner and spot remover for carper and upholstery any carpet stain out that I've had.

Edited by onamission