Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

NLS Tourney at Dr. Michaels

mlange

Just an FYI for those of you in south-central Wisconsin or northern Illinois...

There's a NSL tourney out at Dr. Michaels lake on Saturday, September 2nd. I do NOT want to start a Dr. Michaels thread. I just want to let everyone know so they have a chance to ski an absolutely amazing site in a fun atmosphere. The last tourney there a month or so ago we were guaranteed 4 passes, then 3, then 2.

If you're interested, contact GRF Skis. http://www.grfskis.com/

Mike

Edited by mlange
I just want to let everyone know so they have a chance to ski an absolutely amazing site

Especially if you need a course that is a "tad" narrower than most. Crazy.gif

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

...he could still hold tournaments there but he couldn't compete.

Or similar to the new airline safety precautions he is unable to have a cell phone or key fob which could be used as a transmitting device. ROFL.gif

Like I said in my original post, my intention was not to bring this all up again and now I frankly wish I had never even posted it.

I just wanted to let some of the area skiers know of an oppurtunity to ski a site that is second to none in the midwest.

Mike

Like I said in my original post, my intention was not to bring this all up again and now I frankly wish I had never even posted it.

I just wanted to let some of the area skiers know of an oppurtunity to ski a site that is second to none in the midwest.

Mike

Oh, come on now... you know this board better than that. The guy cheated - he should be able to take a little flak about it for a while. So you let people know about the event, why can't we have some fun with it? Is this guy family? You take it personally cause you've cheated in the past? What's up?

Family? No

Cheated in the past? No, well maybe on a test back in school once or twice.

Obviously the guy screwed up big time and he's paying the price. Does that mean we forget about it? I'll let you decide on that on.

But the one thing I will support him on is that he could have shut out the water ski community by no longer opening up his lake to other events. It's not like he gets paid for hosting events or anything like that and he obviously isn't allowed to ski in them. Instead, he has hosted just as many events this year as he has in the past so that people like me that don't get a chance to ski a site like his can. So, to that extent he is still trying to promote the sport, which I think we can all agree is one of the things that is lacking today.

Mike

Edited by mlange
Obviously the guy screwed up big time and he's paying the price. Does that mean we forget about it? I'll let you decide on that on.

I honestly do respect the fact that the guy is letting people contiune to use his facilities. That does says something. But... based on the quote above does that mean that we can now turn this into the thread it should be?

I honestly do respect the fact that the guy is letting people contiune to use his facilities. That does says something. But... based on the quote above does that mean that we can now turn this into the thread it should be?

What happened??

He hosted the Malibu Open earlier this year at his private lake and slalom course. After he competed, people noticed the balls moving out. It was found that he had a system connected to the balls so that he could move them in or out by remote. Basically, he was caught cheating.

I was going to jump on this one... but why bother?

I might have to ski in that one. I'm around this weekend, but haven't had a lot of practice time...

No boat - might as well have a crack.

I never realised that we drove right by the lake last year. Another time I'd be there for sure.