Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 Boat Tower

JayH

I am new to this forum and going to buy my first wakeboard boat. I am going to buy the VLX or the LSV.

My question is I like the look of the convertional style tower (I.E. the Titan 3 tower of something of that nature) am I crazy to do that and not get it with the Illusion tower. I just think the conventional towers look better.

Am I idiot for thinking about doing this or can I do that.

Thanks for all your help I look forward to getting my first Malibu. :):)

Jay H

I believe the Titan III is as nice as the Illusion X depending on the look you are going for. Both Towers are cool, the illusion to me is for a sportier look and the titan for a classier look.. just my two cents.. Im gonna end up broke soon. =\

Welcome Jay. Either tower will work well for you. Both are well built, strong, rigid towers, so it really comes down to personal preference. I believe that the Illusion X is the base tower, with the Titan 3 being an upgrade (although I don't know what the charge will be to go to the Titan). AFAIK, those are the only 2 towers that will be offered this year. EDIT: One thing to consider is if you have to drop the tower frequently. If so, I'd recommend the Titan because it's a bit easier to drop, especially for 1 person.

Good luck & congratulations on the purchase.

I have some very good friends that live in El Dorado Hills. I go up there all the time to race at Sacramento Raceway and to see them.

Let me know when you come down. Never need an excuse to go to the lake. Of course this is after I get my boat.

Jay

I have some very good friends that live in El Dorado Hills. I go up there all the time to race at Sacramento Raceway and to see them.

Let me know when you come down. Never need an excuse to go to the lake. Of course this is after I get my boat.

Jay

I've had the Titan on my boat since 01' and can attest it's a great tower. btw there are many of us in the sacto area and would be happy to offer a pull to ya next time you're up this way.

Thanks I will look you guys up...same goes for when your in Vegas

I am on my way to the dealership today to finalize exactly what I want...I will probably get the Titan 3 tower, I just am not a fan of the the tower facing backwards like the Illusion tower, I like the original look.

Thanks I will look you guys up...same goes for when your in Vegas

I am on my way to the dealership today to finalize exactly what I want...I will probably get the Titan 3 tower, I just am not a fan of the the tower facing backwards like the Illusion tower, I like the original look.

I'm with ya on that. Good luck let us know what you decide on, blue.....lol

Titan makes a great product. Solid as a ROCK. 2 Seasons of pulling fat boys and not a squeak out of it. I highly recommend them..

On the other hand, the Illusion on Ken's boat was strong enough to hold me in the sling so that should vouch for the rigidity of that tower for sure.

Just a note the titan doesnt fold as low as the Illusion...

btw I be heading through Vegas at about 8-9 am tomarrow on my way to powell Tongue.gif

Sweet... I'd love to live in Las Vegas Yes.gif..

... of course then I think about it.. and probably a good thing I just get to visit ;)Crazy.gif

Yeah, I don't know. We're still going through the CSI DVDs, and there sure seem to be a big need for their services in Las Vegas. Of course, alot of visitors end up in the morgue too.

btw I be heading through Vegas at about 8-9 am tomarrow on my way to powell Tongue.gif

Can any one tell me if the 2006 VLX with Titan 3 tower will fit in a standard 7 foot high garage door? I actually have 83" from top of my door opening to the floor. I am concidering buying this boat and am waiting to find out if it will go in my garage. Can't stand to store it outside.

Anyone have pics of it folded as low as it will go?

Thanks Denny

My garage

My door is close to 83" opening and it wouldnt fit with the titan 3, but it may be the angle of the driveway or the trailer (extreme). If the illusion is lower than the window it should go, but dont quote me.

I'm sure this has been asked before but how is a T-3 higher (folded) than a T-2? Or is it.

My 04 VLX barely fits height wise especially with the Titan anchor light. I fold the rear section forward then the front comes down. I think its a little higher than when the rear goes back. I have to do this because the silly building dept decided I need 3 glulam beams to hold the ridge up! (another story....) Other wise I'd have to leave the tower collapsed in the garage.

(I keep forgetting I built my garage with an 8' X 18' door- I'm not standard...)

Pat

Edited by Faceplant409

Can any one tell me if the 2006 VLX with Titan 3 tower will fit in a standard 7 foot high garage door? I actually have 83" from top of my door opening to the floor. I am concidering buying this boat and am waiting to find out if it will go in my garage. Can't stand to store it outside.

Anyone have pics of it folded as low as it will go?

Thanks Denny

The Titan 3 tower will not fit under a 7 foot door. I have one on my '06 VLX sitting on a Boatmate trailer and it clears my 8 foot door by just four inches. Blonde Mafia has an Illusion X on his '06 VLX sitting on a Prestige trailer and it goes under his 7 foot door; but only after taking off his tow spool. The Illusion X tower does not fold below the windshield. Only the very top of it rests on the dash unless propped but the arch just above the hinge point is above the windshield when folded.

WaW

My garage

My door is close to 83" opening and it wouldnt fit with the titan 3, but it may be the angle of the driveway or the trailer (extreme). If the illusion is lower than the window it should go, but dont quote me.

How much too high was it from going in? The boat I am looking at rides on a Boatmate trailer and looks like it would be about 8" too tall. Does Malibu offer a lowrider trailer and would that work ? How about the Illusion Tower, it looks like it just might fit?