Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Uploading photo

jrvs23

Trying to direct upload a photo from my Samsung android. It keeps going through the process and at the end it just pops up "there was a problem with the upload". I've tried it through Google photos and my gallery. Clue in this tech genius :crazy:

I'm trying to find a solution for this, but it's so random that we haven't even been able to pinpoint a cause. I do have a few possible tweaks that we can make, but right now I'm trying to get all of the issues related to the server move resolved first. Then I can look at what we can do to fix this. In the mean time, try using the different tweaks suggested - maybe make an edit to the photo or use Dropbox to upload from.

I'm going on vacation later this week, so it's very likely that this won't be fixed for a few weeks.

iPhone 7+ here. I tried 3 from iPhone photo library and all failed. First two from Dropbox library success but next two failed. No pattern here so it's gonna be hard to locate the problem.

2 hours ago, Stevo said:

4B79A542-7B39-4886-A67C-C8A968F5E449.jpg

Boom💥 , and guess what else...

i got an email notification for a PM for the 1st time since the site format change a while back.

There appears to be something wrong with this photo.  Is the large smudge on the bottom from the conversion software or???

3 hours ago, Stevo said:

4B79A542-7B39-4886-A67C-C8A968F5E449.jpg

Boom💥 , and guess what else...

i got an email notification for a PM for the 1st time since the site format change a while back.

Awesome, happy to hear that on both counts. I've been working hard to get the email notifications working & it turned out that there were a few things on the old server that weren't set up quite right.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

There appears to be something wrong with this photo.  Is the large smudge on the bottom from the conversion software or???

The black bar is a photo formating problem I had when combining the 2 photos,has nothing to do with the site upload

the context that brought those 2 boats together is not even worth mentioning as a party tried to make a point that an nxt was worth considering 

Edited by Stevo

First try with this one. Looks like your fix is working! My email inbox is now filling up with notifications as well for the first time in a long time. Great work everyone! 

20170803_182920.jpg