Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sklyon vs. BI Sky High Pylon

Addictedto6

Anyone have insight into both of these extended pylons? I'm interested in getting one mostly for when we have a boatful of people. we don't do a lot of hardcore wakeboarding (mostly kids).

The key for me is that it has to be compatible with my BI Boom clamp.

I have a Skylon 2pc,it's OK but...If I had it to do over again, I'd get a FlitePipe. The FlitePipe doesn't sleeve over the pylon, it clamps to it. Not sure about compatability with your boom though and when I tried to google "FlitePipe" to add a link nothing comes up so maybe their gone...Anyone know?

I am pretty sure they are still in business, and it IS compatible with the BI clamp, although there are 2 attachments points for the Flitepipe, so at those 2 points, you won't be able to attach the boom clamp. i have a friend who has the flitepipe setup and he uses the clamp that has the lever action (and for the life of me I can't remember the name). sorry, old age has struck again.

I have a 2 piece BI extended pylon and a BI boom. The extended pylon has a stop built into it that only lets it go down a certain distance on the factory pylon. My boom clamp is low enough on my factory pylon that it does not interfere with the extended pylon. Your boom clamp is probably mounted a little higher off the floor because the gunnel on your Sunsetter is taller that the gunnel on my Response. If you use the BI height adjuster (I do) your clamp should be low enough not to cause any problem.

Anyone have insight into both of these extended pylons? I'm interested in getting one mostly for when we have a boatful of people. we don't do a lot of hardcore wakeboarding (mostly kids).

The key for me is that it has to be compatible with my BI Boom clamp.

I have a BI two piece extended pylon I bought mid-season before I bought my RLXi with the tower. It has the stop as described above and has a teflon/plastic material on the ID to protect the boats pylon. I used it for two months and now it sits in my ski closet. I think I paid $375 for it. I'd let it go for $150.

PM me if you are interested. It's just taking up space in my closet.

Rip is a great guy and I hope you buy his x-pylon from him. If you do, and need a height adjuster for your boom, let me know. I sold my x-pylon a couple of years ago and hung on to the height adjuster "just in case". Well, I haven't needed it so I'd be glad to sell it to you if you need it.

Rip is a great guy and I hope you buy his x-pylon from him. If you do, and need a height adjuster for your boom, let me know. I sold my x-pylon a couple of years ago and hung on to the height adjuster "just in case". Well, I haven't needed it so I'd be glad to sell it to you if you need it.

Just sent you a PM. thanks