Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Black Footprints.

Our boat is stored on the lake with a lift. No overhead protection. We are starting to notice that when we get in the boat after swimming, our feet are slightly black from the fibergalss swim step. It ends up leaving footprints on the vinyl. Anyone else having this problem? The footprints come off with some elbow grease, but it's a pain to have to do it every time. Is there a product we can treat the rubber with to stop this from happening? Any suggestions??

[i have been dealing with this for over a year and figured it was dirt etc also. I have read from a forum in here somewhere that this is the rubber breaking down and this is covered under warranty. I have my dealer dealing with this now as they said they will order me the two pieces that go on the fiberglass seck. I beleive i read in here that someone used 303 to treat it and that worked. I would rather have malibu send me some stuff that does not keep rubbing off my feet and getting on the floor, seats etc. Good luck.

Keep it covered. The sun is the problem. Scrub it up real well to remove old layer then keep it covered and you will not have black footprints.

I gotta second teak! :)

Keep it covered. The sun is the problem. Scrub it up real well to remove old layer then keep it covered and you will not have black footprints.

i like teak just to see ppl bust a$$...its just classic ;)

-krak

I had the same problem with the mating on our 1990 Supra and the 05 Malibu. Dock partners have the problem with there newer Supra and Momba. I just scrub in down with binding lube once a week and wipe up any black prints right away. I don't think the problem will go away unless you change to another color mat. I've been thinking about replacing the balck with a blue mat from Hydro-Turf.

I had the same problem. I ordered a cover from screeming sacs for the swin step and now the problem is solved. The people over there have great CS, so give them a call.

3rd....teak doesn't get hot!

I have found that sunscreen is what causes the black to come off. When we sit on the platform after putting sunscrren on, there is some transfer of black to the skin. Some sunscreens affect it more than others. No sunscreen, no black residue. I tried the 303 approach with no effect. We haven't seen it at all on the bottom of anyone's feet.