Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower & speaker covers needed; What do you recommend?

hefe

i have a '06 247 and am need of a tower and speaker covers before they both get trashed from bugs and water sitting from the morning dew!

i would like to tow with them, at least the speaker covers but dont have to.

Can anyone recommend some covers!

Thanks in advance!

Check out www.speakersox.com. They did speaker covers for me and I know they do rack covers as well. I would imagine they could do a tower cover. Talk to Jim. Great products and customer service.

Check out www.speakersox.com. They did speaker covers for me and I know they do rack covers as well. I would imagine they could do a tower cover. Talk to Jim. Great products and customer service.

DO NOT CHECK THEM OUT. THEY STEAL FROM CUSTOMERS AND CANNOT BE TRUSTED. THEY EVEN BACKED OUT OF A THEMALIBUCREW.COM GROUP DISCOUNT. JIM IS NOT CUSTOMER ORIENTED AT ALL.

Please see this thread before engaging them.

Speaker Sox

Edit: Discount, not deal...

Edited by tgaugh

DO NOT CHECK THEM OUT. THEY STEAL FROM CUSTOMERS AND CANNOT BE TRUSTED. THEY EVEN BACKED OUT OF A THEMALIBUCREW.COM GROUP DISCOUNT. JIM IS NOT CUSTOMER ORIENTED AT ALL.

Speaker Sox

I have to totally disagree with this. Jim and Speakersox have been great to deal with. I have owned both Speakersox and Screaminsacs, and the Soxs are the better product by far.

I will continue bash them, they owe me money and/or a product.

I waited forever for this and in the end I have nothing. I think I'll make a website on this topic. It's a safe bet I'll get the word out, I am a developer and have successfully sold SEO for years and I can ensure anyone searching for tower/speaker sox covers can read my story.

They can get bent....

As far as quality, I was very pleased with the covers construction, as I mentioned in my post prior, see HERE. I never bashed the design or quality. Just that they owe me money, never delivered and in the end, some 3 months later directed me to another company...

Speaker Sox

I have to totally disagree with this. Jim and Speakersox have been great to deal with. I have owned both Speakersox and Screaminsacs, and the Soxs are the better product by far.

Gotta go with Stu on this one, Jim made me a heck of a deal and was great to work with. His product is not to protect speakers from the rain if you're trying to keep them dry though they do work for towing and keeping bugs off. I use them on my boat even though it's on a lift all year to keep the spider webs off.

Bogust Todd. Looks like you got hosed.

I've enjoyed the Sox. They've done well. After two seasons in the sun they've started to fade. The original construction still holds true, they work great. I was considering another order.

Gotta go with Stu on this one, Jim made me a heck of a deal and was great to work with. His product is not to protect speakers from the rain if you're trying to keep them dry though they do work for towing and keeping bugs off. I use them on my boat even though it's on a lift all year to keep the spider webs off.

I also have been very happy with my SpeakerSox covers for my speakers. He made me some special thicker material ones that are more waterproof for use here in the Northwest. They have been sitting out in the sun and rain all season and have held up great. I also think they were a very reasonable price. Nothing but good things to say here.

If you want screamin sacs,I found that they have speaker covers on ebay that are "closeouts".They are selling for $27-$28 w/ free shipping.I called and ordered a couple more pairs, & the guy told me that the only "blemish" is a misprint on the tags or the packaging they come in might have a corner torn.The covers are perfectly fine.A heck of a lot cheaper than regular price.I've already got some on my speakers,& have no complaints.

I purchased the Screamin Sacs for my speakers and they work ok. Not great at keeping the rain off either. I then bought the SpeakerSox for my racks last week. I personally like the quality of the SpeakerSox a little better. Both of my buying experiences were positive.

Speaker Sox

Man...... someone bashed me and no one told me!!! Where are my friends, actually thanks to all who came to my defense. Every story has two sides. I did have a custom tower cover made for Todd. I made it very clear that it was not a priority due to the fact that we had two huge orders to fill and that our product liability insurance was not in place at the time for it. I paid for all the labor, materials and shipping without asking for a penny up front. Todd never sent me a penny!! The cover did not fit and he sent it back. I asked if he had taken any pictures and he did not. Todd is upset and said I stole $8 from him. I bet that I have over $400 in his cover. We tried and it did not work out. I refered him to someone else and wished him well. BTW, if Todd was happy with the cover, his bill would have been $150. When you think about it, who in the world is going to make a custom blade tower cover from dimensions given, pay for everything up front, ship the product, never ask for payment until the customer was happy and charge $150 total if they liked the product. I think he got his $8 worth. I wished that it would have worked out but I made it clear, it is not what we do. No hard feelings but your comments were uncalled. Jim

Just the facts man... From your customers perspective.

You agreed to create a custom blade cover when contacted after the crew discount post.

You set the price at $150.

You did not use the measurements I supplied.

You sent a cover that did not fit.

You cost me money out of my own pocket to return a cover that was not built to spec.

You directed me to another company after you failed to deliver months after engagement.

Why would I need to explain or justify, I'm your customer. You agreed to some work, you set a price, and then you backed out of it.

Cut the extra feet off the damn cover and overnight the damn thing, if you have 400 in it, might as well finish the job and recover the $150 - Hell if you actually do it I'll send $200! What the hell is $150 on a 65k boat, it's my f@&k1$* bar tab... Send the cover, or my $8.25.

Ok, what does one really say but since I am the CFO of tgaugh's :) I thought I would place my 2 cents to provide my point of view. It would seem there are always multiple perspectives when it comes to customer service. And honestly, I believe that everyone on this board has had good and bad experiences.

I think hefe you have some balanced feedback on SpeakerSox. I agree with Todd's statements and recall how excited we were to participate in the TMC discount (30% off) that was advertised. After all, as the speakersox.com website states "Custom Tower Speak Covers Lightbar and Wake Rack Covers". I just want to quote directly from the website:

"SpeakerSox covers are custom tailored to each individual brand/model. We do not sell "one size fits all" covers. We have custom covers for over 95% of all speaker enclosures. Just ask us, our design team has over 25 years of experience. You can not beat SpeakerSox for price, quality, and great service."

Unfortunately, Jim, our experience was the exact opposite. I am happy you were able to field this feedback on the site but want to ensure that you know our point of view and excitement was based on your website and other's positive experience.

I paid for all the labor, materials and shipping without asking for a penny up front. Todd never sent me a penny!!

We never rec'd the product until 3 months past the order - would you compensate someone for work not yet completed? Additionally, you never requested compensation until the product was delivered and satisfied

The cover did not fit and he sent it back. I asked if he had taken any pictures and he did not.

Didn't need pictures, the cover actually could have doubled as my king size bed sheet, we had returned the cover to you by the time you requested pictures.

When you think about it, who in the world is going to make a custom blade tower cover from dimensions given, pay for everything up front, ship the product, never ask for payment until the customer was happy and charge $150 total if they liked the product. I think he got his $8 worth. I wished that it would have worked out but I made it clear, it is not what we do.

No hard feelings but your comments were uncalled. Jim

I guess I am curious then, what do you do? The intent was truly not to bash (at least on my part...even though Todd is upset) but to ensure that the feedback was balanced. Good bad or indifferent.

Honestly, while the product that was sent did not fit, it was VERY well made. In fact, I would still love to have the cover made by speakersox...unfortunately, you never attempted to resolve it. Again, my point of view...after it was returned you redirected Todd to some other service.

Edit: BTW, if you see Stu's and Ronnie's covers...they are awesome.

Edited by The Garslayer

Ok, what does one really say but since I am the CFO of tgaugh's :) I thought I would place my 2 cents to provide my point of view. It would seem there are always multiple perspectives when it comes to customer service. And honestly, I believe that everyone on this board has had good and bad experiences.

I think hefe you have some balanced feedback on SpeakerSox. I agree with Todd's statements and recall how excited we were to participate in the TMC discount (30% off) that was advertised. After all, as the speakersox.com website states "Custom Tower Speak Covers Lightbar and Wake Rack Covers". I just want to quote directly from the website:

"SpeakerSox covers are custom tailored to each individual brand/model. We do not sell "one size fits all" covers. We have custom covers for over 95% of all speaker enclosures. Just ask us, our design team has over 25 years of experience. You can not beat SpeakerSox for price, quality, and great service."

Unfortunately, Jim, our experience was the exact opposite. I am happy you were able to field this feedback on the site but want to ensure that you know our point of view and excitement was based on your website and other's positive experience.

I paid for all the labor, materials and shipping without asking for a penny up front. Todd never sent me a penny!!

We never rec'd the product until 3 months past the order - would you compensate someone for work not yet completed? Additionally, you never requested compensation until the product was delivered and satisfied

The cover did not fit and he sent it back. I asked if he had taken any pictures and he did not.

Didn't need pictures, the cover actually could have doubled as my king size bed sheet, we had returned the cover to you by the time you requested pictures.

When you think about it, who in the world is going to make a custom blade tower cover from dimensions given, pay for everything up front, ship the product, never ask for payment until the customer was happy and charge $150 total if they liked the product. I think he got his $8 worth. I wished that it would have worked out but I made it clear, it is not what we do.

No hard feelings but your comments were uncalled. Jim

I guess I am curious then, what do you do? The intent was truly not to bash (at least on my part...even though Todd is upset) but to ensure that the feedback was balanced. Good bad or indifferent.

Honestly, while the product that was sent did not fit, it was VERY well made. In fact, I would still love to have the cover made by speakersox...unfortunately, you never attempted to resolve it. Again, my point of view...after it was returned you redirected Todd to some other service.

Edit: BTW, if you see Stu's and Ronnie's covers...they are awesome.

Todd wrote, that we steal and cheat customers and back out of deals. Todd never paid for anything, what did we steal? Who did we cheat? As far as backing out of a deal, it was Todd who said that he was going to go with someone else. I refered him elsewhere and wished him well. I went back and looked up the invoice. The price was actually $129.99 plus $6 shipping. A custom Blade tower cover for $136, shipped. No advanced payment, no obligation to buy. No one asked for the cover to be returned, I easily could have given him our ups shipping number. He should have snapped a bunch of photos. It is nearly impossible to make such a cover from dimensions alone. We absorbed the R and D. I was not looking to break even on it. I made it very clear to that it was not a priority, we had two huge orders to fill, hence the $135 price. I still have the cover, I know that my talented staff can make it work and I would not rule out giving it another shot over the winter. The product liability insurance is now in place for the tower cover, I no longer would have to worry about one flying off and causing a huge pile-up, causing me to lose everything and moving in with Stu and Ronnie.

• 3 weeks later...