Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

7 Person WOW

Headhunter 2317

After a ton of drama in this last few months and even more work here at the office I'm finally taking a couple of days and spending them on the water. I rented a little cabin on Lake Santeetlah where ActionAdd stayed a few weeks back. We've got about 7 of us going up with a bunch of steaks, beer, and uh....more beer. I'll post some pics of this beautiful lake and the drinking that will ensue in the evening.

As Addison and Phillip will confirm, this place is glass all day long and not a boat in site.

If the lotto comes through, you will know where to find me.

Sounds great. Wish we could join you all.

That said, its not all bad here, I'll be on Hartwell with friends and family this weekend. The water is down, but so is the traffic...

Headhunter staying at the cabin at the Marina?

If you are bring a fan.

The best spot I found to ride is to the left of the marina by the bridge.

Have fun.

I see you're going to a lake in NC I've never heard of and then I look at a map - its 220 miles from Charlotte! Atlanta is closer than Charlotte to that lake.

Looks like a great spot though. Let us know how it goes. I've been to Fontana right north of there and it's fabulous there.

Santeetlah is right below Fontana. To me, it's one of the most beautiful lakes in the South.

Addison, that area down past the bridge is SMOOTH. We made many laps of that. I don't recall any areas on that lake that were anything other than glass......

Thanks for the tip on the fan. Thankfully it has cooled off. The forecast calls for lows in the low 60's.

You guys were here during the heat wave.

Edited by Headhunter 2317

Smeagol,

Give Blue Ridge a try. It's got a lot of water in it and very few boats right now. We had it to ourselves last weekend.

Edited by Headhunter 2317