Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Decal

CedarLakeSkier

My son finished up a set this weekend and as I pulled around to pick him up he says (in a very concerned tone) "Dad, our "L" is just hanging there, get it"? Of course I had no idea what he was talking about.

After a quick exchange I look over the side of the boat and the raised "L" from the word "Malibu" is hanging down attached only by the lower left hand corner. I gently peeled it off to save it.

Is there an adhesive that can be used to re-apply the letter "L"?

If not, is there anyway to purchase just the letter "L" from Malibu?

on a side note, I sent these same questions to the service department of our dealership (no response yet) and I figured all the expertise on this site might be able to give me some options

Thanks

I had this happen to me except I lost my "L" completely. I just called up my dealer and they had one that they just gave me. And I Reinstalled just the L. Although I did not get it as straight as the original but it is very hard to notice.

I had one side of my "Malibu" come off. It started with the "L", then the "A", and eventually and ironically all I was left with was "bu". The good news is I took it back to the dealer and they replaced it (both sides) under warranty.

I'm sure your dealership will do the same.

At Lake Powell, My buddy had the same problem. First lost the "L", so it was a MAIBU, then lost the "M" and became an AIBU.

After he got home, he pulled all the lettering off and went with the "Clean" look.

post-135-1156269284_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrothwell

You could re-apply it with some 3M V.H.B. double sided tape. vhb=very high bond. Once this stuff sets up, that thing is never coming off.

This is what I use. P/N 75935a14

post-29-1156270270_thumb.png

Edited by Pistol Pete

I'd go for a thinly spread layer of marine silicone caulking. Then in 5 years when Malibu comes out with a new font you or the future owner can update them. I personally wouldn't want them to be on so well that they take off a layer of gelcoat if they ever need to be removed.

Edited by HB Skier

I'd take it back to the dealer this fall when the season starts winding down. You will have a list of things to fix and it's under warranty anyway Biggrin.gif

I'd take it back to the dealer this fall when the season starts winding down. You will have a list of things to fix and it's under warranty anyway Biggrin.gif

Lots of responses to this already. I didn't realize it was that common since I did a search first and didn't find anything.

To be honest, I don't have any issues for my dealer to fix (except this one).

Oh, and the "new boat" comments. Maybe that will be funny AFTER I recover from the boat purchase this year and all the gas I've had to buy to fill it up... Cry.gif

To be honest, I don't have any issues for my dealer to fix (except this one).

Correction: "I don't have any other issues for my dealer to fix YET (except this one)"