Sign in to follow this  
Souperfly

Prop ??

Souperfly

I finally have the setter weighted right, but now it doesn't want to come out of the hole. It takes it waaaaay to long to plane. My roommate has a dinged up 4 plade 13x13 OJ prop that he'll sale me for $50. It was on an 01 X-Star, so will it fit a 96 sunsetter? If it does fit, I plan on having it fixed before I install it. I couldn't even use the wedge this past weekend because it wouldn't go above 15mph w/the wedge.

One hell of a nice wake though! Shocking.gif

900lbs water ballast in mid rear and 450 lbs of lead in the front.

Edited by Souperfly

jetskipro550

I wouldn't put a 4 blade on that boat if I were you...but 50 bucks is pretty darn cheap so you could buy it, repair it, and sell it and still make some $$$. I would check out the acme 525 its 13x11.5 and I just added it to my boat and it has made a HUGE difference in every thing we do. I wakeboard with 1500lbs. the wedge, and people and it still gets up and goes with that new prop. It rides sooooooo much smoother, less vibrations, quiter, tons more power, and we only lost a few miles on the top end!

WakeGirl
I wouldn't put a 4 blade on that boat if I were you...but 50 bucks is pretty darn cheap so you could buy it, repair it, and sell it and still make some $$$. I would check out the acme 525 its 13x11.5 and I just added it to my boat and it has made a HUGE difference in every thing we do. I wakeboard with 1500lbs. the wedge, and people and it still gets up and goes with that new prop. It rides sooooooo much smoother, less vibrations, quiter, tons more power, and we only lost a few miles on the top end!

Yup, that's the one you want for that boat given that type of use.

Souperfly

Will it destroy the wakesurf wave? I've heard of different props messing that up. And why wouldn't you go w/a 4 blade? I don't know these things, lol.

Edited by Souperfly

WakeGirl

The Acme 3 blades perform as good as a 4 blade without giving up the top end the way a 4 blade will. It won't destroy the surf wave, I had that prop on my Wakesetter dd (same boat as yours) & it was good with that prop.

Souperfly

Thanks Tracy! I still haven't decided if I want to go with it or not... Considering a new boat order might be looming this winter. Biggrin.gif I don't know if I should throw the cash out there and have all the power I want, or wait for that new boat... Decisions decisions.....

pennery

I put a 525 on my DD and the only complaint I have is the prop "sings" at Idle speed. Any thoughts on what that may be?

WakeGirl

They do that, typical for the cnc props.

WakeGirl
Thanks Tracy! I still haven't decided if I want to go with it or not... Considering a new boat order might be looming this winter. Biggrin.gif I don't know if I should throw the cash out there and have all the power I want, or wait for that new boat... Decisions decisions.....

Well, consider how much longer your season is (how much use you'll get out of the prop). You can always sell the prop after the fact, the 525 is a highly desirable prop so you wouldn't have a problem with getting 2/3 to 3/4 of your money back out of it (as long as you don't damage it). So then you'd just have to figure that the difference is "rent" & ask yourself if that's worth spending.

spinxt

Did you say it was on an MC X-Star? I can't speak for the wakeboarding boats, but I know my buddy has a MC ski boat and his shaft is a different size and the prop rotates the other direction. So if that is the case, no it will not work.