Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Site speed?

Levi900RR

Just to circle back on this....

Is there any consensus around what specifically is slow? I just had my very first instance of what I would consider to be a slow load, & it was a topic from 3 years ago. I'm trying to get an idea of what commonality that is shared here that could be causing it. Otherwise, all we're doing is akin to throwing darts a board (& I'm really bad at darts).

I usually am on Safari.

Very slow for me to load the forum opening page.

Very slow for me to open "unread content".

Very slow to open topic that I want to read.

Seems fine to go from page to page of the topics, once they are open.

1 hour ago, WakeGirl said:

Just to circle back on this....

Is there any consensus around what specifically is slow? I just had my very first instance of what I would consider to be a slow load, & it was a topic from 3 years ago. I'm trying to get an idea of what commonality that is shared here that could be causing it. Otherwise, all we're doing is akin to throwing darts a board (& I'm really bad at darts).

It does seem a little faster recently. 

I usually just push the unread content button and  then read the posts. 

Edited by teamerickson
16 minutes ago, RyanB said:

I usually am on Safari.

Very slow for me to load the forum opening page.

Very slow for me to open "unread content".

Very slow to open topic that I want to read.

Seems fine to go from page to page of the topics, once they are open.

Ditto... Mine is very slow also

Okay, it doesn't sound like it's a specific query that's doing it. We're working on getting moved to some better hardware within the next ~week-ish. We'll likely need to bring the site down to do it, but I'm anticipating that it should help the situation. I'll keep you posted.

• 3 weeks later...