Sign in to follow this  
jgadoury

Replacement Gas Cap for 98 Sportster

jgadoury

Save yourself a lot of grief ....

If you 've lost the gas cap on your 98" Sportster you'll quickly find that the replacements from Malibu have been discontinued ... & most dealers are sold out :-(

After many phone calls , web searches and trial and error, I found that there's a PERKO replacement cap that fits perfectly ( & looks pretty good too ).

The PERKO # is 0126DP0BLK a web search will turn up many- or your local marina may have it on a "hang tag" rack - I paid about $6.00 at a marina.

It's about the size of a $.50 piece - ( it is black) - does not cover the fuel fill flange like the original, but still looks fine w a sort of "competition look" because you can see the flange & mounting screw heads.

It comes down to $6 ... or replacing the filler neck and adapting the filler hose size ... I chose to spend the $6 and "Keep On Skiing :-) "

Enjoy !!!

Malibudoc

can you link to a picture?

dgangle

can you link to a picture?

this works PERFECT on my 2000 Sportster as well. I picked it up locally at Bass Pro Shop but can get just about anywhere like iboats.com, bakesonline.com, westmarine, etc

http://www.boatersplus.com/perko-gas-cap-chrome-plated-zinc-alloy.html

Edited by dgangle

aharmlesskitty

Does anyone have a current part or model number for the 2000 Sportster fuel cap?  The link and model numbers above are no longer accurate.

thanks for any help!

Woodski

Another option is Great Lakes Skipper.

Bozboat

pages 38, 39, 40

marinehardware

Edited by Bozboat