Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

heater install question

heybuddy

I am installing a heater on a 247 wakesetter with the hammerhead engine, does anyone have pics on where to hook up the hoses and where people are putting the shut-off valves?

Welcome.gif to the site!

One of the things you are going to find so valuable here is the search function. It's the best way to tap into the wealth of knowledge. In your case, a simple search on 'heater' would have lead to this link. It isn't for a Hammerhead, but I don't think the hookup is any different than on the Monsoon that is pictured.

Good luck with the install - your gonna love having the heater!

edit: the pics in the link are from a direct drive, but the hookup points are effectively the same. I'll also point out that the pics in the link are based on having the 'return line' hooked up to the 'Low RPM Y Adapter' in the raw water intake line. This is not standard equipment with a heater package, but it is well worth the extra $25-$30. It gives you good heat when you are sitting there at idle.

edit #2 - corrected link to thread.

Edited by SunriseH2OSkier
Welcome.gif to the site!

One of the things you are going to find so valuable here is the search function. It's the best way to tap into the wealth of knowledge. In your case, a simple search on 'heater' would have lead to this link. It isn't for a Hammerhead, but I don't think the hookup is any different than on the Monsoon that is pictured.

Good luck with the install - your gonna love having the heater!

edit: the pics in the link are from a direct drive, but the hookup points are effectively the same. I'll also point out that the pics in the link are based on having the 'return line' hooked up to the 'Low RPM Y Adapter' in the raw water intake line. This is not standard equipment with a heater package, but it is well worth the extra $25-$30. It gives you good heat when you are sitting there at idle.

edit #2 - corrected link to thread.

Thanks for the help, but I have one question that does not seem to be in any of the previous posts. What is the best route to get the hoses up to the heater under the dash?

In my RLX they come through a hole in the floor, forward and just left of the driver. This was a factory install. Not sure how to best get them there on your boat--good luck with it. Hopefully others will chime in here and help you out.

Not positive on a V-Drive, but I can tell you how it works on my DD RLXi.

There is a hole in the floor in front of the foot rest under the dash - it is right next to the walk-thru wall. This hole goes down into the hollow stringer, and is where all the wiring, throttle, and steering cables route that need to get toward the rear of the boat. The heater hoses follow this same routing. In the case of wires such as the bilge pump or Perfect Pass, there is another hole in the side of the stringer (under the floor) just in front of the motor box for those wires to exit the stringer. This is the same point the heater hoses come out.

I imagine that a V-Drive is similar, with the cables staying in the stringer all the way back to the engine compartment, but someone else is going to have to chime in to confirm. Bottom line is that I'd follow the routing of your throttle cable - it's going to be pretty similar.