Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer size 04 - 07

jphillips

I am looking at trading my 04 VLX BU in for an 07 VLX. I asked the dealer if my trailer can still be used on the 07. Dealer response was the trailer will work. Wanted to verify this, my gut says no as the 07 is a little longer and wider. Anyone know for sure?

04 VLX is the same as todays v-ride 21' and 93 inches wide.

The new VLX is 6 inches longer and at least 6 inches wider.

My v-ride Extreme trailer fits exactly bow eye to the stop and the bunks end at exactly the transom of the boat.

I'd say new trailer unless you have a good friend who's into welding.

Edited by funkcity

Just checked my trailer... bunks stick out 4.5" past the end of my boat and the room between the boat and guide pools (not sure what they are called) is also 4.5" on each side. This is close to being able to fix the extra 6" in length and the extra 5" in width. Has any tried putting an 05,06 or 07 VLX on a 04 VLX trailer.

Thanks

You also need to make sure the boat would sit properly on the bunks. You may have to adjust your bunks for the wider boat on avoid it sitting on the strakes.

My dealer sold me a trailer for my brand new 05' Vride that let the boat sit on the chines. He refuses to give me a new trailer. I will never by a bu again because of this. *rant over* (this is the very very very short version of this story. There is much more to it than that, but just a point I wanted to make that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic)

*hijack over*

My dealer sold me a trailer for my brand new 05' Vride that let the boat sit on the chines. He refuses to give me a new trailer. I will never by a bu again because of this. *rant over* (this is the very very very short version of this story. There is much more to it than that, but just a point I wanted to make that has absolutely nothing to do with the topic)

*hijack over*

Bro, while I understand the rant over the trailer (valid b****...) It is NOT Malibu's problem. Trailers are a "Dealer Item." As opposed to Master Craft where they are bought from M/C (ICBW though)...

I realize we got the condensed story, but selling someone the wrong trailer is B.S....

I'd talk to the owner or manager of the dealership personally. If that does not get results, try [email protected]. THE customer service guy on the West coast. (It MAY be out of his hands though.)

Good luck!

Patrick