Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 boatpics

vec

Seen the 07 RLXi in person last night and the bow sits a lot higher out of the water, washing the bow out will be harder.

Windshield looks a lot better from the inside of the boat and a would not call in frameless.

There was talk about putting a small net inside of the SS rail in the gunnels.

Steering wheel felt fine. Shift knob is the same, just silver instead of black but you can get any color you want.

Wakes looks good, not sure that their 30% better until I've skied behind it.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SunriseH2OSkier

• andyb

• Steck

• VinRLX

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seen the 07 RLXi in person last night and the bow sits a lot higher out of the water, washing the bow out will be harder.

Windshield looks a lot better from the inside of the boat and a would not call in frameless.

There was talk about putting a small net inside of the SS rail in the gunnels.

Steering wheel felt fine. Shift knob is the same, just silver instead of black but you can get any color you want.

Wakes looks good, not sure that their 30% better until I've skied behind it.

Thanks onamission, your review helps a lot!

With the nettings, I really hope that Malibu will offer something!

I just photoshopped 2006 RLXi vs 2007 RLXi:

post-334-1156528614_thumb.jpg

Chaabo, I applaud your photoshop effort. However, the distance from camera to boat is different for each, so not a realistic comparison. Be nice to get two boats side by side in real time. . .

However, the distance from camera to boat is different for each, so not a realistic comparison.

Maybe so, but it's good enough to show how much better the '03-'06 looks from that angle... :(

• 1 month later...
It just goes to show. You can always slip in another 1,000 gallons to get what you want.

not so fast andy. making a great wakeboard wake is an art. i put over 2k# in my rlx and it just doesn't work as you'd think.

the engineering of the 2 boat hull styles are impressive in their own respects.

Just to be clear Peter, I don't doubt that the RLXi skis better in some way shape or form. I'll be interested to see skisix/maliboo/SGY & co. publish their evaluation, but I'm confident Malibu knows what they are doing.

Unfortunately, this may not happen for awhile. When this boat arrived it had a broken windshield and some other damage. With the w/s manufacturer being way behind it is not a priority. I also have to go to Canada to work for awhile and I'm afraid that when I get back it may be too late.

I did ski and drive the boat and I can promise you it has a much improved slalom(not that it needed it) wake and tracks awesome. My wife tried it at 28-30mph and loved it(she has been skiing behind 196's in London for the last 5 months) I skied it at 32-34 mph 15 & 22 off, the differance I noticed was there is just no bump at all. I did want to get SkiSix and SGY out in it but, the dealer does not want a damaged boat being towed around and shown off. When I took it out I had to go to a secret site and leave the cover on it until I got there, it was awesome. I felt like Ski007.

The w/s is really not an issue, at least not the half I was looking through. I actually like it now. The passenger side w/s was not even there. Looks alot like a MC Tristar.

This new CAT motor is very quiet, all it had was the quiet tips, no motor box insulation and no silent riders, it was just as quiet as my boat was last year with all the quiet stuff. It does seem to be down on power a little or the hull now has more drag. A prop change should cure this I hope.

The VTX I drove was the Wakesetter version, I think it is going to have a huge wake. Less displacement and all. Like the Xstar/X2/X1 but, with more room and much nicer finish. The w/s looks really good on this boat.

Overall I am much more excited than when I first saw the pictures. Nobody is going to believe this, so go try

one for yourselves.

Dwayne

Just to be clear Peter, I don't doubt that the RLXi skis better in some way shape or form. I'll be interested to see skisix/maliboo/SGY & co. publish their evaluation, but I'm confident Malibu knows what they are doing.

Unfortunately, this may not happen for awhile. When this boat arrived it had a broken windshield and some other damage. With the w/s manufacturer being way behind it is not a priority. I also have to go to Canada to work for awhile and I'm afraid that when I get back it may be too late.

I did ski and drive the boat and I can promise you it has a much improved slalom(not that it needed it) wake and tracks awesome. My wife tried it at 28-30mph and loved it(she has been skiing behind 196's in London for the last 5 months) I skied it at 32-34 mph 15 & 22 off, the differance I noticed was there is just no bump at all. I did want to get SkiSix and SGY out in it but, the dealer does not want a damaged boat being towed around and shown off. When I took it out I had to go to a secret site and leave the cover on it until I got there, it was awesome. I felt like Ski007.

The w/s is really not an issue, at least not the half I was looking through. I actually like it now. The passenger side w/s was not even there. Looks alot like a MC Tristar.

This new CAT motor is very quiet, all it had was the quiet tips, no motor box insulation and no silent riders, it was just as quiet as my boat was last year with all the quiet stuff. It does seem to be down on power a little or the hull now has more drag. A prop change should cure this I hope.

The VTX I drove was the Wakesetter version, I think it is going to have a huge wake. Less displacement and all. Like the Xstar/X2/X1 but, with more room and much nicer finish. The w/s looks really good on this boat.

Overall I am much more excited than when I first saw the pictures. Nobody is going to believe this, so go try

one for yourselves.

Dwayne

I wonder if the new windshield will be more prone to breaking?

one for yourselves.

Dwayne

Dwayne, do you or your wife now have a preference between the Bu and 196 at those speeds/line lengths? Any luck on prop changes?

Come on dude. I'm dying to ski behind it. Nexf February is just too far away. Bring it to CW on Sunday. I'll have my 196 there. Besides, it'll be good to see you.

Edited by SGY
Dwayne, do you or your wife now have a preference between the Bu and 196 at those speeds/line lengths? Any luck on prop changes?

Come on dude. I'm dying to ski behind it. Nexf February is just too far away. Bring it to CW on Sunday. I'll have my 196 there. Besides, it'll be good to see you.

We have a preference for whatever is in the water. I like the 196. I just like Malibu's more. I really can't tell that much differance between the wakes.

This new RLXi is not going anywhere with half a windshield and other damage, and I don't blame them for not wanting it out there. Besides right now skiing seems like it is something thats happening in other peoples lives. Maybe next summer will be better.

Dwayne

one for yourselves.

Dwayne

That's what we were trying to do Dwayne but when you and our dealer won't let us see it, drive it, or ski it- it gets difficult for us to try one for ourselves. Let's examine our options 1) we could go out of state and try it but then our dealer would be upset with us for going out of region. 2) we could go somewhere that uses them for a ski school. Well that's not likely.

We'll have to leave it to someone else taking pictures of it.