Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 boatpics

vec

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SunriseH2OSkier

• andyb

• Steck

• Adam

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Despite best efforts to make the Club Malibu only and speaking of ugly... my three boys and I opened the basement of the Clubhouse over the weekend and stumbled across a 2001 Nautique that Glen has bought to replace his 80's Flighty. While a big step up from the Flighty the visual of the Nautique had an instant effect on the four boys..

Vomit.gif

Vomit.gif

Vomit.gif

Vomit.gif

What an ugly pig of a boat, shaped like a spa pool but for the life of us we couldn't find any jets on the inside.

Moving back outside the LX sits there in the sun looking sleek and racey, like a Navy Corvette but with lines that GT summed up the best!

Edited by andyb

IMO: Some of those boats look downright awesome, yet others look like they would sit on the showroom floor for a while. I guess that is one of the things I like most about Malibu--they allow you to customize the look of your boat more than any other tow boat manufacturer. I think the addition of the other styles is a good thing as it will add to the diversity of the Malibus on the water. I am glad they still offer the tribal flame look from last year. I also like the relatively "plain" look with no decals--but my children and wife don't like the "plain" look. I am glad that I got a 2006 LSV prior to the adoption of the "gull-wing" hatches in the back, and the catalytic converter.

That 247 looks pretty sweet, but maybe I'm biased since the color pattern is similar to mine :)

The 247 does look sweet, exactly as a 25 foot wakemaker should look. Problem is taking styling cues from a 25 foot wakemaker and applying to a purpose built course-pulling slalom boat is a mistake.

In it's defense, word on the street is that it does indeed set a new standard for pull and wake. Good thing...

GT, give us some details on the word you've heard.

Let's hope that the comment that an RLXi with tower & ballast makes a great wakeboard boat doesn't design in a compromise to its status as a world leading slalom & trick boat.

I actually don't mind the lines of the RLXi and think with the right scheme, it could look pretty nice. It's not the low-slung sexy beast it used to be. I'd say the deck lines are more classic in nature, a la the RLX, my all-time favorite 'bu in the looks department.

Now, about the porous windshield... People in WI put heaters in their boats for a reason, and it isn't to let more cool air in! Make the holes closeable or ditch them altogether. What's the function of those dumb things anyway? Keep tournament drivers cooler?

Waiting for iSpec to build the '07 20LSV... Got the go-ahead to start buyer searching for the VLX.

Edited by UWSkier
I've been in the 07 RLXi and VTX, there is no perceptable breeze through the holes.

Running the heater won't be an issue.

Peter

I too have been in the RLXi and didnt get any wind...

I've been in the 07 RLXi and VTX, there is no perceptable breeze through the holes.

Peter

I too have been in the RLXi and didnt get any wind...

And so, if the 'portholes' aren't there for ventilation, then they do what, exactly? If they had some functional use, well, ok, but if not- what's the point? Seems asinine to give up visibility in a tournament boat to add a little jewelry right in the drivers' field of vision.

Wonder if Malibu hired Chris Bangle for design consulting this year?

I'm glad I'm not in the market to buy a new boat. Cause, I wouldn't be spending $$$ in 2007 based on these pics.

The new RLXi is just plain gumpy compared to the old RLX or RLXi.

And the windshield with built in blind spots...."what were they thinking". What are the vents for..... CO reducers??? Is this to compensate for something they haven't told us about.

And the SE? What's with the dorky graphics.

Methinks they have made some changes just for the sake of changes (hoping for new sales).... and made a booboo.

Oh, please don't even suggest Chris Bangle come near the 'bu's design team with the dreaded Bangle stick. I love my E39 540i sport (pre Bangle). Wouldn't buy a new Bangle bum one even if I could afford it. I'm the same way about my '03 SLXi compared to the "new" one. Haven't seen one I like better yet, at least for slalom duty.

Peter

And?

You cant write a post that you've been in a RLxi and a VTX and just leave it at that. How do they drive? how's the wake? Especially the VTX - is it a V-drive that skiis well?

Oh, please don't even suggest Chris Bangle come near the 'bu's design team with the dreaded Bangle stick. I love my E39 540i sport (pre Bangle). Wouldn't buy a new Bangle bum one even if I could afford it. I'm the same way about my '03 SLXi compared to the "new" one. Haven't seen one I like better yet, at least for slalom duty.

Tell me you don't see a hint of 'flame surfacing' in the bow treatment on the new RLXi... ;)

Peter

And?

You cant write a post that you've been in a RLxi and a VTX and just leave it at that.

Too late. Already did.

The problem here is that no one believes. Until you go run it, you might not either. The RLXi is better. The VTX was the wakesetter, not the 20 LSV or a VTX with the diamond hull, so I can't comment on it skiing well....although, I did order my first VTX as a Wakesetter with a Diamond hull since it'll be a fantastic cross over boat.

Peter. :)

Just to be clear Peter, I don't doubt that the RLXi skis better in some way shape or form. I'll be interested to see skisix/maliboo/SGY & co. publish their evaluation, but I'm confident Malibu knows what they are doing.

My point is that my '03 has a pretty darn good wake already - I don't 'need' to buy a new one for that. If I'm gonna plunk down the money on a new one, it's gonna have to be because I cannot fight the lust a new design generates, just like when I first laid eyes on the '03. And right now, based on the pics I've seen of it, my perceptions of that gel pattern from the 247s I've seen, and that fugly w/s - it just doesn't do it for me. Not like my '03 still does to this day.

You cant write a post that you've been in a RLxi and a VTX and just leave it at that.

Too late. Already did.

The problem here is that no one believes. Until you go run it, you might not either. The RLXi is better. The VTX was the wakesetter, not the 20 LSV or a VTX with the diamond hull, so I can't comment on it skiing well....although, I did order my first VTX as a Wakesetter with a Diamond hull since it'll be a fantastic cross over boat.

Fair enough.

How is the space/layout of the 20ft V? I'm assuming identical layout in the VTX wakesetter and the VTX with Diamond.

So I also ordered a VTX with Diamond hull for the same purpose.

Can you provide more detail on:

1. The interior layout vs a VLX

2. Thoughts on how it handes in environments you have tested. (rough water vs glass vs ect)

3. Anything else you can think of

Bobby

As a potential buyer of the 2007 LXi I try to collect all the info that has been released and wrote so far to come to a decision whether to order the new LXi or to stay with the 2006 Response CB.

I like the look of the new designed hull and the gel-pattern! The silver edition is a killer, especially the "Response" side decals! I hope the windshield will grow on me even with it's huge ugly vented posts.

Funny side note:

Did you recognize that with the introduction of the LXi Malibu was so proud of their post-less windshield and always highlighted and advertised the "better visibility" of this innovation over the last years. Now they come out with these huge vented posts and the limited visibility is not even mentioned in any way - Visibility seems to be an old-fashioned thing nowadays. Biggrin.gif

I like the new glove box and the look of the new gauges!

BUT I will miss the side netting which made the storage area in the gunnels perfect for a lot of "small" stuff like flip-flops, gloves, towels, shirts... I don't like the look of the new steering wheel and throttle knob and I wonder how a windshield-mounted bimini will fit on the new "frameless" windshield. Dontknow.gif

The 30% better ski wake over the "old" LXi I take it as marketing blabla, but one thing is for sure: The LXi is and was Malibu's top three event boat. It performed as good as it gets over the last years and Malibu won't release a redesigned hull if it's not better (at least from a skier's perspective) than the old one.

Something is still worrying me and I hope to get here some first hand info on this:

For 2005 and 2006 We decided to go with the closed bow Response instead of the open bow LXi which we liked better. But the open bow in combination with the extremely low nose of the LXi just wouldn't work over here. (Our rivers can get very rough and there was never a need for a bath tub in our boat.) :lol:

From the 2007 LXi pictures I've seen the freeboard and the nose seems to be higher and it seems not to sit as deep in the water as the previous models. Can anyone confirm this?

post-334-1156500706_thumb.jpg

That (and of course the ski wake) would be the key-point for us to buy it or not.

Thanks in advance!