Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2007 boatpics

vec

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SunriseH2OSkier

• andyb

• Steck

• VinRLX

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

there are actually 2 graphic options... the one you see on the RX is the "grunge" style graphic, the other optional graphic is the "core" style graphic.. the "core" style graphic is the one you see on the red wakesetter 23XTi

Jury's still out on the new "Core" graphics...........Plus I just bought an 06 and dig the tribal flames......

Thanks for the pics!!

I hear that. I am into naked myself so I guess you can always go that way.

Wow guys, as much as it pains me to say, I really don't like the lines of the '07 RLXi at all. They raised up the bow section, changed the long low sexy lines of the bow-through-windshield curves and just ruined them. It looks tubby now. I'll bet it's still an awesome slalom wake and a great ride, but part of boat ownership is the inspiring lines that cause you to go out and lift the cover once a week through the entire winter. And what is up with that windshield? The corner plate with all the holes in it. Does it serve a purpose that I don't see?

You nailed it GT. Every one of those RLXi pics makes me think of a barge. I know it's an optics thing, and I'm sure it's got the smallest wake ever, but I'm still Vomit.gif over the look. First time I laid eyes on the '03 model, I fell in love with it's sports car character - super sleek, fast lines, from every angle. Not so with the '07, though I'll withhold my final judgement until I get a look at it in more traditional color schemes.

Oh, and that windshield? Not sure if I've said this before or not ( Innocent.gif ), but Vomit.gif.

Edited by SunriseH2OSkier

Wow! The white 247LSV with the black tribal logo - man, that looks incredible!!!!!

And the 247RX - what were they thinking? Who will want a 24' 7" direct drive? When I saw it in the factory I thought they were kidding.

Great pics thanks.

I am looking at a VTX next year and it looks like quite a bit if the 18inches off the VLX is in the nose? Anyone else notice this? A good thing imo if the cabin room is not sacraficed to make 20ft.

Wow guys, as much as it pains me to say, I really don't like the lines of the '07 RLXi at all. They raised up the bow section, changed the long low sexy lines of the bow-through-windshield curves and just ruined them. It looks tubby now. I'll bet it's still an awesome slalom wake and a great ride, but part of boat ownership is the inspiring lines that cause you to go out and lift the cover once a week through the entire winter. And what is up with that windshield? The corner plate with all the holes in it. Does it serve a purpose that I don't see?

That is exactly what I thought. I had a fried years ago who swore by Ski Nautiques. I never really looked at them because I think they are ugly boats. Buying an ugly boat that ski's well is like marrying an ugly woman that's a good cook. :)

You nailed it GT. Every one of those RLXi pics makes me think of a barge. I know it's an optics thing,

Function over form for a change, old men. Ever hear anyone complain about the low-slung bow inviting a little water inside the boat? Ever hear anyone complain about the windshield being too low? This is all Tommy Boy®'s fault!!!

Looks to me like the air intakes require a higher deck. Different graphic choice may reduce the clunkiness, imho. The windshield however, is a POS. A one piece, straight across piece of glass (ala late 80's early 90's) would be an improvement. Does the corner plate allow air in?

Hey Jerry, no 07 for me. Like I said before, wait for the bugs to be worked out and we'll go '08 together! Yes.gif

I don't know, Jack. They gotta get the new iSpec up so I can play with the color options to see if there is a combo I can stomach. And have I mentioned they gotta get rid of that FUGLY w/s? Vomit.gif I also want netting in the gunnels instead of those SS toe munchers.

And have I mentioned they gotta get rid of that FUGLY w/s? Vomit.gif I also want netting in the gunnels instead of those SS toe munchers.

I think I may remember you mentioning the w/s once. . .

and DITTO your statements.

That is exactly what I thought. I had a fried years ago who swore by Ski Nautiques. I never really looked at them because I think they are ugly boats. Buying an ugly boat that ski's well is like marrying an ugly woman that's a good cook. :)

Well, then this thing better slice, dice & bake the perfect souffle...

The proof will be in the pull- if it really sets the new standard, I can wait a year for them to come to their senses on the windshield & the side storage.

The proof will be in the pull- if it really sets the new standard, I can wait a year for them to come to their senses on the windshield & the side storage.

I'm not betting the farm that this will happen. Maybe the gunnels - I'm sure you could custom order leaving out the SS rails and have netting installed instead. But the w/s is too core to change significantly. Even when they updated it in '04 from the initial '03 design, it was a very subtle change. It's hard to fathom that a subtle change to that POS is gonna make it look good.

I'm sick of people saying that if I don't like the looks of the new RLXi that I either don't like change or will get used to it. When I saw the 2003 RLXi I immediately started drooling because I thought it was drop-dead gorgeous. Right away I began to put together my plan on explaining to the CFO why our current boat wouldn't cut it anymore and that we "needed" an RXLi.

I equate boats to women... you know right away if they are "hot" or not. I don't remember when I've ever looked at a woman the first time and said, "well, she's nothing special, but I bet she'll be looking pretty good in a few months after I get used to her".

I don't know, maybe if I put my beer goggles on I'd take a new RLXi home with me. But until then...

Just my $.02.

Mike

Edited by mlange