Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Back On The Water

meb885

Just for anyone who was following my last thread "new 'bu owner here"

$1854.14 later (covered by insurance) i have my 94 Echelon back in Cass Lake and running better than the 1st day i test drove it... (probably due to the brand new ACME Prop.)

I think Malibu says that boat will do 46.5, i didnt look at the digital but the analog spedometers were both bouncing on 50, hell yeah ACME....

Didnt have time to get a run in behind it plus not wanting anyone else to drive it today..... but i did let a couple friends tube behind it and they had a BLAST.....

To Bob and everyone else at Malibu Boats....If i like a 1994 Echelon this much....i cant wait to make money off it and see what the new wakesetters or responses or something are like...... ill be 100% honest...before i bought this boat i was dead set on a Mastercraft Prostar190, i skied behind them, i drove them, i even had one on my desktop for a while as the background.....im happy to say my desktop picture is now a collage of 4 pictures of my Beautiful Pride and Joy Echelon, and i am sold on the Malibu brand..... My next boat will definately be a Malibu again.

-Mark Biggrin.gif

I had my heart set on a Mastercraft for 30 years. Last year when I finally walked the plank an forked up the money I did a lot of research and decided my dream boat changed names too. If you really want to know your speed use a GPS, those built in speedometers are bad, learn to use the Tach, much more reliable than the speedometer. Just calibrate it against a GPS. by using the tach you won't over accelerate as much on take offs either.

I had my heart set on a Mastercraft for 30 years. Last year when I finally walked the plank an forked up the money I did a lot of research and decided my dream boat changed names too. If you really want to know your speed use a GPS, those built in speedometers are bad, learn to use the Tach, much more reliable than the speedometer. Just calibrate it against a GPS. by using the tach you won't over accelerate as much on take offs either.

I just bought one of the $99.00 GPS units at Target for this very reason. I will try it this week during our next outing.

I was in the same boat as GONORTH. I always wanted a Mastercraft until I started researching my first boat. I ended up with a Malibu and am now on my third one.

I just bought one of the $99.00 GPS units at Target for this very reason. I will try it this week during our next outing.

I was in the same boat as GONORTH. I always wanted a Mastercraft until I started researching my first boat. I ended up with a Malibu and am now on my third one.

I have not had my heart set on a mastercraft for 30 years, since i am 21, but for as long as i've wanted a boat....lol i can proudly say my next will be a Malibu as well....

well AM Clouds and PM Sun today, sounds like a perfect sunday to be out on the water so im gonna get away from this keyboard and maybe even teach someone how to drive my boat so i can get a run or 2 in behind it today. Look for a topic from me something like "i knew i shouldn't have tried barfooting in front of my friends for the 1st time in like 8 years, OWWWWW" LOL....hope i dont break anything.

-Mark

Glad to hear your back on the water.

Thanks, Im glad to be back on the water too..... damn everyone on my boat trying to kill me tho.... its not THAT much fun to be constantly thrown accross the wrong parts of a wake becaue your driver cant drive....lol.... then i let someone pull me on a tube.....after about 15 feet of air and a HORRIBLE wipeout i asked my friend who was driving how fast he was going...he shrugged and said "i dont know....i had it floored" Gah. 50 or better with that new acme prop....lol

Looks like im going to be teaching people better driving skills before i get behind my own boat again....

Thanks, Im glad to be back on the water too..... damn everyone on my boat trying to kill me tho.... its not THAT much fun to be constantly thrown accross the wrong parts of a wake becaue your driver cant drive....lol.... then i let someone pull me on a tube.....after about 15 feet of air and a HORRIBLE wipeout i asked my friend who was driving how fast he was going...he shrugged and said "i dont know....i had it floored" Gah. 50 or better with that new acme prop....lol

Looks like im going to be teaching people better driving skills before i get behind my own boat again....

I've learned the hard way that it is best to just let go when your driver is going that fast and doesn't have a clue. It hurts too much when you do wipe out.

I've learned the hard way that it is best to just let go when your driver is going that fast and doesn't have a clue. It hurts too much when you do wipe out.

Exactly!! I never put a driver in the seat that's never driven before or been pulled.