Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Bought my first boat - '94 Echelon LX

nosnarb

37 minutes ago, nosnarb said:

IMG_1559.jpg

at least this trailer came with a spare on it!

The boat gods are not happy with you sir.  But congrats on the x-star, looks like a nice boat!

This is so sad. Like others I was just checking in to see how you’re first summer was going and was stunned. I’m so sad for your loss, but am glad that nobody was hurt.

great looking MC! 

@footndale mustangs of the boating world.  Yeah after our last event we are going to be very cautious!  We did christen the boat last night by pouring some prosecco on the bow and into the water and had a toast to Neptune.  Seemed to pay off.  Boat fired up nicely and ran well all afternoon.  Got to play with the factory ballast too and attempted to wake surf using a wake board.  I have a surf board now but we didn't take it with us.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, nosnarb said:

Our echy is now at Interstate auto auctions in Tulsa, Oklahoma.  It currently doesn't have an auction date associated with it.

https://www.iaai.com/Vehicle?itemID=28607710&RowNumber=1&loadRecent=True

Really sucks to see all of my hard work just sitting in a gravel lot :(

Are you going to keep an eye on the auction and try and score it really cheap??

19 hours ago, Arick said:

Are you going to keep an eye on the auction and try and score it really cheap??

I'm not but I'd love to see someone do something with it rather than it just end up in scrap pile somewhere

• 2 weeks later...

@nosnarb your tale of misfortune was the first article I read on this forum last summer when I was peeking around as a guest. Quite the quest, and glad everyone is ok. I’m betting you learned more in the last year about boating than most do in a lifetime. Good luck with the MC! 

• 1 month later...

The boat has resurfaced on a facebook ad:

https://www.facebook.com/tyler.henderson.779

Buyer beware as the history of the boat was brought to the sellers attention and is not being disclosed. The HIN on the boat is MB2R0295D494

Thanks to a forum member bringing it to my attention (wasn't sure if he wanted to be named or not).

the insurance company had the engine pickled once it was out of the water.  Seller indicates that he replaced the carb.  With the boat at WOT (trying to get the bow up) when it got submerged I find it hard to believe that there was no internal damage.