Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wakemakers Auto-vent option

pauley71

Yes, it just screws right in to the top.  No need to burp the bag.  The air escapes out the kinetic valve until the bag is full and then a stopper engages.  It's that easy.  

IMG_8555.JPG

3 hours ago, Dfowkes said:

Yes, it just screws right in to the top.  No need to burp the bag.  The air escapes out the kinetic valve until the bag is full and then a stopper engages.  It's that easy.  

IMG_8555.JPG

So when do you know the sac in this automated ballast system is full? 

Edited by MLA
1 minute ago, MLA said:

So when do you the sac in this automated ballast system is full? 

Water will go out through the hull just like before the piggyback bags were installed. 

9 hours ago, ahopkinsTXi said:

From what I understand in this thread, yes. Would thread right into the bag.

It does but I used the o ring from a vent plug cause it leaked without in my fly high sacs

5 hours ago, Dfowkes said:

IMG_8555.JPG

Wasn’t it you that turned me on to them? Scored mine fir $7 on Amazon , they went up I think

6 hours ago, Dfowkes said:

IMG_8555.JPG

@Dfowkes,Do those Ronix bags have a fill on the front and back? I have a 18 T22, and the wakemakers PNP is pricey. 

4 minutes ago, Choiceind said:

@Dfowkes,Do those Ronix bags have a fill on the front and back? I have a 18 T22, and the wakemakers PNP is pricey. 

They have a fill in the front bottom. I would have to look later to see if there is a fill in the back. 

These valves are the way to go.  Installed a set last year for my wake maker custom bags. Just screw them in.   I bought the auto vent kit but tried these first and decided no reason to even mess with it.  The only issue I see is if you have the largest size custom bags that fill the entire locker space up to the top you could run into issues with the height of the valve hitting the doors when full.  On my 660s it is not an issue.  

• Like 1

Even then it would just press it down and it’s heavy duty enough to withstand that and so is the bag port 

my ad feeds when browsing have a shorter what looks like brass with black plastic caps that appear  to be new dripless vents, haven’t researched them cause I don’t need to, buy even that probkem appears to be solved

simplicity is often elegant  and guys in this forum still have the water draining out and need more “equipment/plumbing”.

as stated earlier, I even use flip plugs outside boat fir passive drainage , cheap, simple elegant for a new $49000 boat.  I stick with the cheap plan

Edited by granddaddy55
  • 1 month later...

I'm not near my boat and was going to order the new style check valves.   But, doesn't anyone know if the autovent kit is 3/4" or 1" hose?   There are options on the check valve and Wakemakers description on the autovent kit doesn't state what size hose it ships with.   

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a picture of the auto vents installed? I just received mine from Wakemakers and it came with 3/4in tubing -my vent is 1 1/8 direct from the hard tank to the elbow on the inside of the hull. Just curious how some of you ran the reducers or is there another way? 

3 hours ago, CoachD said:

Does anyone have a picture of the auto vents installed? I just received mine from Wakemakers and it came with 3/4in tubing -my vent is 1 1/8 direct from the hard tank to the elbow on the inside of the hull. Just curious how some of you ran the reducers or is there another way? 

They may have sent the wrong one. I would contact them and they will correct it.

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, JMVOTTO said:

Yes should be 3/4 hose

anyone know if the hard vent pushes water through the hull before the pnp (770) is finally full 

mine will not push water thru the hull until my PnPs are full

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Are Dfowkes and ctvandy23  still having vent success with the screw in device and the bags still self venting and if so what connects to the hole in the side of the device.   I have PNP addition ballasts on my 2016 22ft VLX and they have to be burped every time they are filled to get rid of air in the PNP bags as they fill.  Not a giant pain but truly they are not completely PNP and never have to observe or never burp them.  The (500) dollar installed Auto Air Vent System is suppose to elevate this issue.  The above article indicates that the (20) dollar Kinetic Vent Vacuum Relief Value will produce the same results.  Anyone other that the above mentioned article have 100 percent success with simply screwing in the vent value on top of the PNP bags?

13 hours ago, JerryT said:

Are Dfowkes and ctvandy23  still having vent success with the screw in device and the bags still self venting and if so what connects to the hole in the side of the device.   I have PNP addition ballasts on my 2016 22ft VLX and they have to be burped every time they are filled to get rid of air in the PNP bags as they fill.  Not a giant pain but truly they are not completely PNP and never have to observe or never burp them.  The (500) dollar installed Auto Air Vent System is suppose to elevate this issue.  The above article indicates that the (20) dollar Kinetic Vent Vacuum Relief Value will produce the same results.  Anyone other that the above mentioned article have 100 percent success with simply screwing in the vent value on top of the PNP bags?

i use them and nothing attaches to that hole, they work but can require monitoring as your bottom forward hose vent is inefficient compared to a top of bag auto vent for relieving pressure.  you also can just wait for a strong stream out of the overflow /drain thru hull accompanied by a steady stream from vent thru hull and turn it off and not open the locker to monitor 

you need the o ring from your ballast bag screw plug removed and installed on kinetic vent threads for a good seal to sac port 

• 1 year later...
On 4/9/2018 at 2:45 PM, Dfowkes said:

IMG_8555.JPG

Where can I get this auto vent?  I need it.  

• 1 year later...
PopsA22
On 6/13/2017 at 9:33 AM, Dfowkes said:

Mikeo and Granddaddy55 told me about kinetic vacuum relief valves found on Amazon and the web.  Get the 1 inch and connect them to the top of your PnP Bags.  These valves allow the air to escape but then when the bags fill up a stopper closes the vent hole.  Problem solved with these valves.  

https://www.amazon.com/Kinetic-Vent-Vacuum-Relief-Valve/dp/B00TB7FOB8

https://www.dripdepot.com/search?q=Kinetic vent

tighten the green top, use your o-ring from your sac plug on top vent hole not being used for fill and screw in real snug, if you keep running pump sometimes they dribble, 

This is what I used and they work great.  Super simple solution.