Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Adding Sirius XM

Wake1977

• 2 weeks later...

@minnmaker Sorry for the late response, I am still currently using the factory antenna but need to get something else as it wont mount/stick to anything on the boat...LOL.  I currently just Velcro the antenna into the bimini top then at the end of the day just take it down and throw it under the dash.  Doesn't look the best with the wire hanging down but it gets the job done.

On 6/8/2017 at 12:47 PM, oldjeep said:

Because you don't need phone service to make Sirius work and if you already have multiple lines of Sirius then adding it to the boat is $10 a month.

Pay for the premium and have all your music downloaded.

On 2/23/2018 at 8:59 AM, minnmarker said:

I put the XM antenna (that came with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2VQEZO/)  under the fiberglass as far forward as I could get it up to the right of the helm.  Key is that Fiberglass does not disturb the signal but the aluminum frame of the windshield does - so get it as far out from under the windshield as possible.  No problem with reception.  It's right next to the perfect pass Stargazer GPS antenna which also works.  Used the grey 3M double sided tape.  Make sure the side that supposed to face the sky faces up.

We use the same radio on shore so only pay for one subscription.

minnmarker,

Took your advice and simply installed the cube antenna that came with the SXV 300 UNDER the fiberglass inside the electronics bay.  Works like a charm, and it's out of sight and out of the way.  Thanks for the suggestion!

• 1 year later...

I bought the sxv300 and it wouldn’t plug into my pig tail. Book says sxv200. Looking at the plug on the 200 vs 300, they look the same. Help?

Edited by Skymedic
1 hour ago, Skymedic said:

lBook says sxv200.

At the time of printing, the 200 was the current model. The 300 is just an updated version. So the plugs physically will not mate?

What particular rockford black box is in your boat? 

The industry move to a universal receiver eliminated the need for model specific cables and firmware. 

Edited by MLA
On 2/23/2018 at 8:59 AM, minnmarker said:

I put the XM antenna (that came with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I2VQEZO/)  under the fiberglass as far forward as I could get it up to the right of the helm.  Key is that Fiberglass does not disturb the signal but the aluminum frame of the windshield does - so get it as far out from under the windshield as possible.  No problem with reception.  It's right next to the perfect pass Stargazer GPS antenna which also works.  Used the grey 3M double sided tape.  Make sure the side that supposed to face the sky faces up.

We use the same radio on shore so only pay for one subscription.

Thanks for this gem-I was about to spring for a "marine antenna". I had mine sitting under the windshield-you already know the rest....

@Skymedic

exactly what model black box is it? May need to dismount the box and look at the back. Its either the old proprietary SAT protocol SCC1 with Rockford connector or the new universal protocol and connector.  

The pictured plug is the connection from radio black box(rfx3000) to the xm tuner not an amp. Maybe we are getting mixed up on terms.  I purchased a rfx5000 black box and I’m assuming if I read the rfx5000 manual correctly, the xm plug will connect directly to the sxv300 xm tuner. Is that correct or do I still need another adapter? 

15 minutes ago, Skymedic said:

The pictured plug is the connection from radio black box(rfx3000) to the xm tuner not an amp. Maybe we are getting mixed up on terms.  I purchased a rfx5000 black box and I’m assuming if I read the rfx5000 manual correctly, the xm plug will connect directly to the sxv300 xm tuner. Is that correct or do I still need another adapter? 

Sorry, I refer to the black box as an amp.  The black box and the SCC1 both have female connectors on them.  There is a patch cable M-M that you use to connect them to each other.  Depending on where you got your SCC1 it may have come with it.  I bought mine used and had to get the cable separately.

THis is the cable

https://shop.siriusxm.com/8-pin-din-cable-1-5m-scc1-reconditioned.html

Edited by oldjeep

And you are correct!!! Lol. I just got my new black box (rfx5000) and plug is the same. Wish there was someplace local to buy the missing link. Ugh! Thanks so much for the info/help

2 hours ago, Skymedic said:

And you are correct!!! Lol. I just got my new black box (rfx5000) and plug is the same. Wish there was someplace local to buy the missing link. Ugh! Thanks so much for the info/help

I'd jump on that one from Sirius.  I paid over $20 for mine on amazon, and they don't sell them any more.

• 4 years later...

I just added the SiriusXM SXV300V1 to a 2019 MXZ and the sound on the preview channel is only coming out of my right tower speakers and the left in boat speakers. While using BT and FM Radio the balance and fade work correctly. Maybe I just got a bad SXV300V1? Anyone have any other ideas?

Edited by Mazeing5