Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Wedge on a 92 euro f3

h60swimmer

I rode behind my buddies sportster and it had a wedge and the wake was great....any of you guys know if you can put one on a 1992 Malibu Euro f3? Thanks for the help.

I was thinking that is the case....I wonder if you could reinforce with extra glass and maybe an aluminum plate of some kind?

Malibu won't sell a wedge to an owner that doesn't have a hull that can accept the wedge. You must provide your hull ID # to order one.

I was thinking that is the case....I wonder if you could reinforce with extra glass and maybe an aluminum plate of some kind?

Anything is possible but you would play hell obtaining a wedge.

Besides the structural strength of the transom, the other issue is the "angle of attack" of the wedge on a hull not designed for it. The wedge, if installed, would be at the wrong angle for effective operation.

You can search the archives for a guy who tried to vary the angle on his wedge. I believe he found the "sweet spot" for operation to be a very small range about the stock Malibu position. There was also a guy a while back who installed a Wedge on an older Mastercraft Prostar with mixed results.

IMO, your money's better spent on sacks and pumps for that boat.

Thank you for all of the replies...I think it would end up being more of a headache trying to put a wedge on my boat.....I'm actually thinking about getting a new used wakeboard boat....I just wish they weren't so expensive....but I guess you have to pay to play.....again thanks!

Thank you for all of the replies...I think it would end up being more of a headache trying to put a wedge on my boat.....I'm actually thinking about getting a new used wakeboard boat....I just wish they weren't so expensive....but I guess you have to pay to play.....again thanks!

Look for a used Echelon, provided slalom is your main interest, as that was the first model (93') that can use the wedge.