Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

OMG!! New 22MXZ more problems

bottlefedsi

I agree with Bamboy. I am lucky enough-through work- that I get a new truck every 2 years. I get in it, put the pedal down and never look back. No issues....ever... I drive roughly 45,000 miles a year, towing, 4-wheel drive often in mud. We pay $80-$100k for boats that have "bugs" . I expect "bugs" in lesser of quality boats, not a Malibu. That's why we pay up.... Do we expect to have "bugs" with a $100k Mercedes?? 

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, 67King said:

That's quite a bit non-sequitur to the whole point being that hand made products are inherently less reliable than those built with high degrees of automation.  But, the prices of consumer goods has been driven down drastically due to the incorporation of automation.  Everything from fidget spinners to automobiles.  Now obviously volume plays a role in that, too, but I would expect that automation in conjunction with higher volumes would drive down teh costs, which would put them within reach of a broader market base, which would drive up volume, wash, rinse, repeat.

Development, implementation and purchase costs.

They end up being passed along in all industries.

33 minutes ago, Agman said:

I agree with Bamboy. I am lucky enough-through work- that I get a new truck every 2 years. I get in it, put the pedal down and never look back. No issues....ever... I drive roughly 45,000 miles a year, towing, 4-wheel drive often in mud. We pay $80-$100k for boats that have "bugs" . I expect "bugs" in lesser of quality boats, not a Malibu. That's why we pay up.... Do we expect to have "bugs" with a $100k Mercedes?? 

actually yes. Every time there is a new model put out with new technology people have problems within the first few oil changes. 

The demand of the newest technology year after year  is causing huge issues. Go back to the 80's 90's when there was no computers in a wet environment and a lot of the problems will be gone.  

The growing demand for " push a button and the boat does it for you " is out of control.

Edited by 90oldskool
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, 67King said:

Was talking about the whole thing about boats being essentially hand made with a friend yesterday.  They promote it like it is a good thing, when in reality, it is a very bad thing.

No truer words have been said!  Handmade is awesome in a way, but if you're expecting perfection think again.  Boats aren't perfect...just like people.  :-)  

I've had nothing but great experiences with my 22mxz so far.  It porpoises a little, but I've mostly ironed that out with some front end weight.  The boat is MUCH better than my '14 LSV overall.  That boat was also pretty much flawless for issues outside of a little bit of fit and finish concerns.

20 minutes ago, 90oldskool said:

actually yes. Every time there is a new model put out with new technology people have problems within the first few oil changes. 

The demand of the newest technology year after year  is causing huge issues. Go back to the 80's 90's when there was no computers in a wet environment and a lot of the problems will be gone.  

The growing demand for " push a button and the boat does it for you " is out of control.

You're on to something here, they are rushing these boats out with un tested technology that should not be released until its spot on. Their R&D department that is definitely making prices go up is not up to par. 

Simce some people don't like the automobile comparison, let's compare it to a Lear 45 jet. Friend of mine bought one new 5 years back for his company, Way more CPU's and latest and greatest tech then. Not one issue, never, Straight out the gate, and they fly all over and some commercials for other businesses. Just glad these glitchy cpu's in our boats aren't a mile in the air. 

Just now, IXFE said:

Ah yes.... a $15M Learjet

Much better analogy!  TMC is sure on point today!

I'm sure the FAA (Or whoever overseas plane inspections) and Malibu have the same standards.

As someone who flies for a living I can tell you that new planes are loaded with glitches and there are often 5 or 6 test flights to work them out before a airline accepts them. It's normal after that to have issues the first few months. The Lear 45 has numerous AD's addressing issues so I think your friend is pulling your leg.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Sailvi767 said:

As someone who flies for a living I can tell you that new planes are loaded with glitches and there are often 5 or 6 test flights to work them out before a airline accepts them. It's normal after that to have issues the first few months. The Lear 45 has numerous AD's addressing issues so I think your friend is pulling your leg.

Maybe his pilot doesn't pass the issues along to him ??‍♂️ 

Sure got this thread rolling tho. ????

If Im reading MBUUs financials correctly they are currently making 15%OI.  Seems like theyve got a few dollars laying around that they could invest in QA.  Not saying thats the case here cause OP seems over the top, but also not the first issue Ive seen on here. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, IXFE said:

So let me get this straight... If I spend > $100k, are you saying that I DON'T get to defy the laws of physics?  

What if I spend $150K...?  Then can I be immortal??  $200K..???

IXFE, 

I can make you an offer for immortality that nobody can come close too. You might not like the outcome or your family might not like the outcome, but you will be immortal for sure......

Every boat regardless of brand is going to have some issues.  The key is how they are dealt with AND the severity/frequency of said issues.  

I had a ballast pump fail, last weekend.  Does that mean i need to go defcon 1 because a jabsco pump failed? 

Now if the failure was due to manufacturer cheaping out and specing low quality or less reliable to save a buck, then it could be a different story, but this is not the case.

Same thing with initial prop selection.   We ordered what we thought would be the best fit.   We ran it for 20 hours,  and was just not happy with cruise RPM, Surf RPM or the 32 MPH top speed.   A nice polite conversation,  and 3 days later the factory shipped me a new prop, i am now happy with RPM's, at surf and cruise, top speed is 36 and life is good.  

Its about expectations AND customer service.  

Edited by DarkSide
  • Like 2
28 minutes ago, billjames said:

IXFE, 

I can make you an offer for immortality that nobody can come close too. You might not like the outcome or your family might not like the outcome, but you will be immortal for sure......

Just make sure the offer comes with a 5 year warranty ......

29 minutes ago, billjames said:

IXFE, 

Wow man!  That's a pretty bold statement. Threatening the life of a man you don't even know.  Grown up and let it slide.

30 minutes ago, billjames said:

IXFE, 

And I can very much do the same for you, should you feel the need to continue that tone. 

• Like 2