Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ear drum blow out

JohnnyBravo

Hope they don't get my ear problem mixed up with some other guy's sex-change operation and cut away at the wrong organ.
Hey Doug,

I see it's Dec.19. Good luck on the surgery. Let us know how it works out. All the best for a speedy recovery.

Shhh. . . Doug is trying to figure out what gender his new ear drum is. Give him time. Doug, if you can hear me, do things sound kinda up high or way down low??? Biggrin.gif

Gee guys.... thanks for remembering.

Surgery got moved to Jan 2. I've had my "pre-op" check and all systems go.

All organs still intact..... so far. I mentioned to my ENT surgeon's receptionist that I hoped the good doctor is in ok shape only 1 day after Jan 1 celebration..... and she assured me that he doesn't partake in those kinds of intoxicating beverages. Since he's the guy with the scalpal, I'm so glad.

Sounds (funny pun eh?) like I get partially shaved (up top)...... full anasthaetic..... breathing tube down throat..... 2 hour operation...... grafted skin tissue onto backside of eardrum..... eardrum then gets a "scaffold' to rebuild itself on top of grafted tissue..... grafted tissue dissolves.... ear is supposed to become good as new. A checkup in 1 week..... then 1 month. Says I should be able to scuba dive again. Wow.... that will be a thrill.... havn't done for many many years. All should be ok for next summer.

Based on the other injuries mentioned lately on The Crew, I feel quite fortunate.

Will I wear a helmet for skiing after all is done..... you're darn right. I'm not going through this aggravation ever again.

Will report back later.

Thanks folks!

Edited by doughickey
Says I should be able to scuba dive again. Wow.... that will be a thrill.... havn't done for many many years. All should be ok for next summer.

EXCELLENT! Good luck to you and heal well.

Just happened to be browsing my 2006 picturs for a bit of an End-of-Year journal I put together..... and stumbled across this picture from last summer.

Kinda tells the story how our family of 4 feels about head safety.

(No sponsorship $$$ from ProTec here..... it's just that they make a great product.)

post-114-1166969584_thumb.jpg