Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Surf Exhaust Installation

JustinH

22 hours ago, asnowman said:

@Raleigh you are comparing price from 3 years ago.

That's some hefty inflation... but I understand. The boat mechanics need to get paid, there's rent on the land, insurance, other expenses etc. I've already spent a lot at the shop on new lights and fiberglass repair. I'm gonna give this install a shot and hope I don't cause more harm than good!

Edited by Raleigh

Just got off the phone with Christina at Fresh Air Exhaust and they are really helpful. It seems like they are the ones who invented the Surf Pipe and even helped Malibu design theirs! 

Has anyone on here removed their muffler and straight piped it with their add on? They said that would actually reduce noise if used in combination with the pipe. 

Anyone order the FAE Fresh Air Exhaust pipe with the flapper? They said it wouldn’t affect performance either way, and that some boat builders demand they use them, others don’t. Thoughts?

Does Malibu surfpipe come with flappers? 

I just ordered my FAE ... no flappers

i got the one piece with polished welds and also replaced my muffler with the stainless thru pipes.

getting it this week or next in time for start of season!

for flappers ... everyone I talked to said there was no need.

• 2 years later...